Chapter 3

I pull into my driveway once again, turning my car off and making sure my windows are rolled up. I walked up the stone driveway and into the house. It was eerily quiet for three teenage boys being here. I kicked off my moccasins and walk into the kitchen. I set my purse and car keys on the counter, yelling for Harry.

"Harry? Zayn? Louis?" I call, expecting to get an answer but I get no response. They didn't leave because Harry and Louis' cars are in the driveway. I shake off any bad thoughts, they're probably just in Harry's room, watching a movie or playing video games; but even then, they get loud and rowdy. It's still strange that they are so quiet. 

I rifled through the fridge, looking for that leftover lasagna, only to come up empty. I groaned, throwing my head back as I shut the door. I looked through the cupboards, hoping to find something interesting to eat. I found some bread and Nutella, deciding on a sandwich. When I finished spreading the chocolate spread onto the bread, my phone rang. I walked over to the counter, sliding the lock over and pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered, putting my sandwich on the counter.

"Hey, Hayley. I won't be able to make it home tonight. Don't stay up too late. Make sure you get your homework done as well." Mum said, sounding a bit rushed.

I sighed. "Alright mum. I wont, and I will. I love you."

"I love you too. See you after school tomorrow. Have a good night."

"You too. Go save some lives. Goodnight. " I said, hanging up.

I never really get to see my mum anymore because she's an emergency medical technician. She's gone most days and sometimes has to stay over night at the hospital. It gets pretty lonely with just me and Harry. It just makes the days that we do get to see her that much better.

As for my dad, he's not in the picture. He walked out on my mum when I was 3 and Harry was 4. Haven't really heard from him much after that. He sends money for birthdays and holidays though. No visits, no phone calls, just a cheap card with about 200 dollars in the mail every so often. 

I bite into the sandwich, walking into the living room and turning on the tv. I flipped through the channels, before settling on a cartoon. I sat back on the couch, propping my feet up on the coffee table. I finished my sandwich, sighing and laying my head on the back of the couch. Just as I was starting to relax, screams came piercing through the house. I gasped,  jumping off the couch and landing on the floor, covering my face with my hands.

"Hayley, did we scare you that bad?" A voice said. I peeked through my fingers to see 2 boys around my age staring at me. I slowly moved my hands away from my face, glaring up at the two strangers in my house. 

"Yes you did. Who are you and why are you in my house?" I asked them, standing up, pushing  my hair out of my face.

"I'm Michael and this is Calum. We have English together. Harry invited us over." Michael explained, chewing on his lip nervously. I nodded, watching him sigh in relief.

"Excuse me for a moment, boys." I said, flashing them a  small smile before walking past them and up the stairs. I reached Harry's room, slowly opening the door, not ready for what I was about to see.

There were about seven boys. Harry, Zayn, and Louis were sitting on Harry's bed, texting or something on their phones, two boys were playing a game on the tv, and the rest of the boys were wrestling. I pushed the door open the rest of the way, crossing my arms and glaring at Harry.

"Hey, Hayley. Have fun at Sonja's?" He asked innocently, setting his phone down to look at me.

"Are you serious right now? I said that you could have Lou and Zayn over. Not invite all these guys over!" I said, rather loudly, at that. The other boys looked at me, ignoring  the low whistle that came from the blonde sitting on the floor. Harry shrugged.

"We got bored. Figured you'd be okay with it. Plus I got the okay from mum." He said simpy, shrugging. I growled under my breath, clenching my hands into fists. Even though he's my brother, I still want I punch his brains out. I took a deep breath, walking fully into his room. All the boys were watching me closely, afraid of what I was gonna do. I walked up to the tv, leaning forward and turned the volume down.

"If you guys are going to stay, at least turn the tv down. I'll be in my room doing homework. Which you guys should be doing as well." I answered their non verbal question. Satisfied with my actions, I turned and went to my room, shutting my door. Now, onto that homework.

After two gruesome hours of slaving through homework, I sighed heavily, putting my pencil on my desk and resting my forehead on my hands. There was a light knock on my door. Groaning, I reluctantly walked to my door. 

"I swear to god, Harry if all you want is for me to play Call of Duty, I will punch you in your balls so hard-" I stopped my rant when I opened the door, eyes widening  when I see a Louis who was covering his area, a fearful look in his eyes. I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands, not knowing what to say.

"Um, I wanted to know if you wanted to watch movies with us. But if you're busy, you don't have to." Louis said innocently, blue eyes sparkling. Seriously, this boy makes my heart beat like ten times faster than it already was.

"I wasn't doing much anyways, I just finished my homework. So..." I tilted my head, making it seem like I was thinking about his question. "Yeah, I'm up for a few movies. Just give me a minute to get into something more comfortable." I said, quickly closing the door.

I ripped my skinny jeans from my legs, grabbing a pair of loose sweats from my dresser, tugging them around my waist. I pulled my shirt up my torso, replacing it with an 'I <3 London' t-shirt my mum got me from her recent trip to London. I took my hair band from my wrist, pulling my mop of loose waves into a messy ponytail.

I opened my door again, to see Louis leaning against my door frame, also wearing a pair of sweats and probably one of Harry's shirts. His messy brown hair fell onto his forehead, and his glasses were set perfectly on his nose. He looked adorable. Stop it, Hayley. You can't like him, he's your brothers best friend.

"Shall we go downstairs? Harry wouldn't like the fact that I'm up here for so long." Louis laughed, walking downstairs. I laughed quietly, following him.

When we reached the bottom of the staircase, I rushed to the couch, which was  currently being occupied by Harry, Zayn, and Luke(I believe that was his name.) I cleared my throat loudly, earning their attention.

"What do you want Hayley?" Harry asked me, narrowing his eyes.

"You're in my spot." I said simply, pointing to where he was seated. He smirked at me, leaning over an placing his bum in the air, releasing a disgusting fart, that had me gagging.

"You are one sick person you know that?" I said, covering my nose. Harry and his friends laughed loudly. Shaking my head, I sat on the floor in front of the arm chair that Michael was sitting in.

"Okay, lets just watch the movie, yeah?" Louis said, taking a seat on the floor next to me. I didn't even glance at him, just kept my eyes glued to the tv screen, which had a creepy looking movie title. I sighed, resting my back on the chair. What have I got myself into?