Chapter 12

-Sonja-

I giggled as Ashton stroked my hair, leaning my body against him as we laid on the couch, watching a cheesy musical. No, we weren't actually watching it, if that's what you're asking.

"I love you, you know that?" He whispered, twirling a long strand of my brown hair in between his long fingers.

I nodded in agreement, looking up at him.

"I know, Ashton. I love you too." I replied, smiling at him.

Ashton and I have been together for about a year, and we just recently said the three impossible words. We were inseparable. Sometimes it got so bad, Hayley would take my phone away when we hung out because I was always texting Ashton. Call him clingy, but Ashton was a worry wart. It's not that he didn't trust me to go out with friends, he was always worried that I would get hurt. It was one of the things I loved about him.

The movie ended, leaving us in a comfortable silence. I sat up, putting my shoes on. Ash stared at me with confusion, sitting up as well.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"We are going for a walk. I'm tired of sitting here watching lame movies we've probably seen a million times now." I said, throwing a jacket on. He followed suit, grinning at me. Grabbing his hand, I pulled him out the door and into the blinding sunlight. Ashton hissed, pretending to die from the sudden climate change. Laughing, I pulled him up from the ground.

"Let's go, goof." I said, linking my fingers with his.

We walked down to the city park, finding a set of empty swings, we sat down, kicking the sand with our feet.

"Are you excited for the dance?" Ashton finally spoke, after about 5 minutes of silence and watching little children play.

"Yes, I'm very excited. This dance is going to be huge." I answered. He nodded, staring up at the sky. This is also another thing I loved about Ashton. He never had too little or too much to say. Yes, at times he can be a fireball, but normally he was a calm person.

The wind whipped past us, sending my hair flying around my face. Pushing it away from my eyes, I saw Ashton staring at me with bright green eyes.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked, wiping off whatever it was that he was concentrated on. He shook his head.

"You're beautiful." He said. My cheeks flared, a nice tinge of red showing as I looked down at the sand, kicking around a small pebble with the toe of my shoe.

"Thanks." I replied, smiling up at him. His fingers squeezed mine playfully, before bring his lips to mine in a kiss. Call me cheesy, but it was the perfect kiss. The way his lips molded around mine, how his tongue never forced it's way into my mouth. I pulled away, staring up into my boyfriends beautiful green eyes. He gazed back at me, smiling lovingly at me. We started up our walk again.

"Do you think Hayley and Louis are going to go to the dance? You know, like together?" I asked. Ashton huffed, stroking his chin for dramatic effect, which made me laugh lightly.

"I am pretty sure that Lou will ask her. I don't know how and when but I definetly know that after the date they had on Saturday, they will either go to the dance together, or get married." He replied. I nodded, kicking sand with the toe of shoe.

Hayley Styles is my best friend. She is Harry Styles little sister. Well, not technically "little." They're like a year and some odd months apart. Anyways, she's absolutely gorgeous. She doesn't think so, but she has all the guys dropping at her feet at school.

"Which dress should I wear?!" Hayley asked in a panic, holding up a pink dress with ruffles for a skirt and a blue dress with tiny black hearts covering it.

"The blue one, for sure." My cousin, Mary, piped up, looking up from her phone. Hayley nodded quickly before running into the bathroom to change. Tonight was her big date with Louis. She wanted to make sure she looked perfect, so she called Mary and I over 3 hours early just to help her get ready.

So, here we were. Laying on Hayley's bed while we watched her run around her bedroom like a deranged animal. Her hair was still in a messy ponytail, her face was all done up, and she had her dress on. Now, she was rummaging through her closet to find shoes.

"HAYLES!" I shouted, causin Mary to jump from the bed and Hayley to stop instantly.

"Let me do your hair, then you can continue to find shoes." I suggested, helping her up from the floor and leading her into the bathroom. She sat on the toilet seat as I styled her hair.

After a very frustrating 30 minutes, her hair was done. I lead her to a mirror and all she could do was stare.

"Yes, Hayley, that's you. You look absolutely beautiful." I told her, hugging her very carefully so I didn't mess up her hair I just slaved over. She hugged me back.

"Thanks Sonja. You're the best." She finally replied, taking the shoes that's Mary had chosen for her while we were in the bathroom.

"Hayley! Louis is here!" Harry yelled.
Hayley jumped from her seat, gave Mary and I a quick hug before grabbing her purse and running out of the room.

"How do you think the date will go?" Mary asked, flipping through her magazine. I shrugged, plopping down onto the bed.

"Hopefully it goes well enough that we won't have to hear it for the next three months and have sappy romantic movie marathons while eating Ben and Gerry's ice cream in sweats." I answered.

"I think it will go great. I can feel it." She answered.

"Now, it's time to set you up with someone." I said to her, winking.

---------------

Hi! Sorry it took so long to update! Been really busy! Anyways, the more comments and votes, the faster the updates! Just a reminder! Tell me if you liked the whole switching point of views thing!

Hope you enjoy! (I made it extra long too!)

Don't forget to comment, follow and vote!

Stay Golden,
Erica xx