Chapter 8

-Saturday afternoon.-

Sonja and Mary had finally realized that hating each other for the whole time Mary was visiting was childish and now it's like they're sisters. Personally, I'm thrilled they finally grew some balls because I was running out of patience and was almost forced to put them both in separate corners just to get them to stop trying to claw their eyes out.

"You look adorable." Mary gushed as she dramatically dropped onto my bed. I laughed, lightly hitting her with a pillow.

"It's true, Hayls, you look amazing." Sonja countered, sitting next to her cousin. I did a once over in the mirror at my outfit. It was a pink, mid thigh sundress with sequins covering every inch of it. I added a small belt, making the look my own. I hadn't done my makeup all that interesting, just a normal look.

"Thanks, but what about my hair?" I asked, gesturing to the thick mop that sat on top of my head.

"Sit down, my dear. Let Sonja do her magic." My best friend said in a fake French accent, grabbing my hand and leading me towards my bathroom. Pushing my onto the toilet seat, she unpinned my hair, letting it fall in messy waves down my shoulders. She got to work right away, pulling, curling, and straightening my hair. My mind started to wonder. Where is Louis going to take us on this date? Why did he want me to dress up? Surely, he wouldn't try to pull anything. We did almost kiss. Two times. Hopefully this time, things won't be interrupted.

I could practically feel his lips against mine. Feeling something cold press against my lips, I opened my eyes to see a tube of toothpaste pressed against them. Glaring at Sonja, a small smile broke out on my face when she gave me a knowing look.

"Thinking about 'him?'" She asked, straightening my hair. I shurgged, a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"I'm excited, what else can I say?" I said, throwing my hands up in the air. She laughed, adding some pins to my hair. Sonja tugged and straightened, curled and put pins everywhere in my hair for about another 5 minutes before she clapped her hands.

"My masterpiece is finished!" She exclaimed, pulling me up from my seat. I was placed in front of a mirror, forced to look at the girl in front of me.

The girl in the mirror had bright green eyes that were lightly lined with black, high cheekbones, and pink full lips. Her hair was neatly straightened at the top, but then flared out in curls at the ends. She truly was beautiful.

"Yes, Hayley, that really is you." Mary said, ripping me from the girl in the mirror. I laughed lightly, shaking my head. There's no way that girl could be me, could it?

"Believe it, honey. It is you. You look amazing, as Mary said earlier. I know Louis is going to think your stunning." Sonja said, obviously proud of her work. I stood up, hugging her tightly. I'm so glad to have a best friend like Sonja. She always knows how to make me smile.

"Thank you. I needed that." I whispered as I pulled away to smile at her. She smiled back, before going to sit by Mary.

"Hayley! Louis is here!" Harry yelled up the stairs. I grabbed a pair of heels, my jacket and purse. Making sure it had my phone inside, I went for the door.

"Have fun on your date! Don't do anything stupid!" I heard Sonja and Mary yell, followed by a fit of giggles.

Walking down the stairs, I saw Louis standing at the door, dressed in a pair of red skinny jeans, an old band shirt and some TOMS. He looked nice.

Louis smiled when I reached him, eyes traveling down my body, admiring my attire.

"You look good. I like your dress." He complimented, grinning at me. I blushed, looking down at my shoes. Harry walked up next to me, throwing his arm around my shoulder, clearing his throat loudly, making my shoot my head up to look at him.