Chapter Six

a/n:
Most of this chapter will be a flashback.

Trigger warning: self harm
If this will be a trigger for any of you please don't read it PLEASE

Adeline's Pov

The guys and I have decided to stop at some mall and buy new phones.

"Hey Addie come here," Beau says pulling me into HotTopic.

"Yes?" I question while looking at this batman wallet.

"What's going on between you and Jai?" He says and I drop the wallet.

"What do you mean?"

Jai's Pov

Flashback-
(12 year old Jai)

"Hello," A beautiful girl says walking to my brothers, James, Skips, and my table.

"Hey," I smile.

"So I was wondering if I could sit here?" She says giving a low key smile.

"Of course babe," Beau says moving his stuff from the seat next to him.

"Thank you," she says with the same smile. "I'm Adeline Preston,"

"I'm Jai Brooks and these two are my two brothers Luke my twin and Beau," I say my stomach turning to butterflies just looking at her. I look down to her wrists and see too fresh of cuts on her.

"I'm James,"

"I'm Daniel aka Skip,"

(Later in class)

A note lands on my Desk

Hi Jai,
Meet me in front of the girls bathroom.
-love Addie

I look up to Addie and she's looking at me waiting for a reply.

"Mrs. Lou, may I use the toilet?" Addie says and she gets her permission to go.

I just sneak out following Addie to the bathroom. She stops and sees me once she gets there.

"Come in," she says opening the door to the abandoned girls bathroom.

We walk in together, we get in the handicapped stall and locks in.

"Jai get I get your promise on something?"

"Yes bae anything," I say taking a seat next to her.

"I know you saw my cuts please don't stop being my friend," she says starting to cry.

I wrap my arms around and whisper in her ear.

"I know we're only in seventh year but babe I will always be with you till the fucking day I die," I say picking up her arms and kissing her cuts on both arms.

(15 year old Jai)
I knock on Addie's door and she doesn't answer. I'm dressed in my suit ready for prom.

I open the partially open front door dressed in my suit and with flowers in my hand.

I hear soft crying coming from Adeline's bathroom. I walk in and she's sitting in her shower with water from the shower rushing down on her and she is shaking with a razor next to her. She's dressed in her red prom dress.

"Addie baby," I say rushing over to her grabbing a rag off of the counter getting it wet and holding it to her wrist.

"What have I done?" She cries the tears mixing with the shower water her makeup running down her face and hair soaking wet.

"Babe you need to stop this,"

"Mommy is gone," she cries.

When she was five she saw her mom get ran over buy her abusive boyfriend and CPS came and took her and brought to her loving and caring father, who is oblivious to her depression.

"Jai," she cries the blood finally stoping.

I get into the tub with her cuddling my crying baby girl.

"Jai I'm sorry to ruin your prom night," she cries.

"No baby girl," I say and we get out of the tub and I clean her wrist putting cream over the cuts and wrap it in medical tape.

(17 year old Jai)

"Don't you ever lay a hand on Addie ever and I mean ever again," I say pushing Michael Loner it the locker.

"I'm sorry I was drunk and it was as a party and I would never hurt her ever again Jai," his eyes becoming tear filled.

"Michael once is enough," I yell punching him in the stomach winding him.

"That's enough Bro," Daniel says walking into the locker room.

"He hurt her," I say crying just thinking of the bruise on her jaw, and how she tries to cover it with her makeup.

"Bro she forgave him and so did we, now you need to," He says grabbing my wrists and pulls me away from Michael and let's go helping him up.

(18 year old Jai)

"Dude tell her your feelings," Luke says as we pack our bags.

"I can't bro."

"You have been in love with Addie since the age of twelve and now we're running away with her tonight," he says pausing. "Maybe she will admit she may have feelings for you and you can have one daughter and get married and have children together,"

"Honestly Luke I don't deserve her,"

He throws his shoe at me.

"Don't be a hater on yourself," he laughs. "You deserve this girl."

Flashback over-

"Sir that will be 360$ please," I had her the money in cash and take the two phones I bought.

"Thank you," I say.

Adeline walks in with Beau and she's about to buy a phone.

"Here baby," I say pulling out the phone and handing it to her.

"No Jai, you didn't have to," she says hugging me and then all the sudden she kisses me.

Me and Addie standing in the middle of the Apple Store and I kiss back.

My ears fill with claps. Kissing Addie is a dream come true.

Adeline's Pov

Wow I know I've always had these feelings for Jai and now I'm ready to show it.

I LOVE JAIDON DOMENIC MATTHEW BROOKS.

He's always been there for me since the Girls bathroom, the night of prom, and even beating Michael Loner for hitting me.

a/n:
Okay so I found time to update since it's the weekend. I was gonna take a break from Wattpad to focus on other stuff but I will try and update whenever I find time and it will most likely be on weekends.
Also please follow Cryingfromthestorm