Crucio Her Neville

Crucio Her Neville

Luna had spent the night on the floor holding Hermione's shaking body as they both cried themselves to sleep. Hermione had managed to drift off feeling safe and Luna only slipped into sleep for a couple of hours but she dreamt of the same thing, Malfoy's face when he read her mind.

Jolting awake, Luna looked around at all the other sleeping students before looking down at the girl in her arms. Her frizzy brown hair was sprawled over her face covering her pale cheeks as her head moved lightly on Luna's shoulder, a moan escaping her lips.

Luna looked out at the window, the sky was a bright blue and the sun was slowly creeping up filling the room with light.

"Hermione?" Luna whispered not wanting to wake her up but having no choice as she pulled the hair from her face. Hermione slowly sat up, her eyes blinking repeatedly as she rubbed at them and yawned slightly.

"Morning," She muttered, her voice sore and her face suddenly filling with colour, "Thanks for staying the night here."

"It's ok. I need someone too. What was wrong?" She asked as she got to her knees and helped Hermione to her's. Hermione looked away and crossed her arms over her chest. "Was it the dream attacker?"

"N-no...it wasn't that." Luna slowly walked towards Hermione and bore her into a tug as she heard her sniff her eyes shut tightly closed and her back began to shake. Luna's arms tightened around Hermione as she burst back down into tears and Luna didn't know what was happening she just held her hoping she'd calm down a little. "I-it's...Ron...he..."

Again Hermione broke down and Luna led her over to her bed sitting her down on the edge of the bed and tying her hair back before kneeling down and wiping her tears away before sitting next to her and wrapping her arm around Hermione's shoulder.

"It's ok, you can tell me."

"H-he..." Hermione took a deep breath in and pulled herself together standing up and turning to face Luna. "You know what? Forget it. Us girls need to stick together, no more boys. They just cause trouble. From now on, friendships the important thing...and catching this dream attacker. I'm guessing you were crying over a guy too?"

Luna nodded hoping Hermione wouldn't go more into it, but it wasn't her lucky day.

"Did Malfoy do something?"

"No...I...lets not talk about it." Hermione nodded and both girls got dressed, by the time they were done everyone else was just waking up. "Should we go down?"

"Yeah, let's go." Hermione reached over and took Luna's hand in her's both of them walking from their dorm and down the steps into the common room only to pause when Harry walked over to them, his eyes holding Hermione's for a second guilt seemed to lace them and he hugged her before turning to look at Luna and smiling.

"Neville was looking for you by the way." He muttered and Luna searched the common room in case he were there but he wasn't in fact, her eyes caught with those grey cold ones but she didn't hold them, she pulled her eyes to the floor and thanked Harry.

"Do you know where he is?"

"Um, I think he went to the Great Hall." Luna pulled Hermione with her and rushed down to the Great Hall and letting Hermione's hand go she sat by Neville, he was sitting alone and picking aimlessly at his eggs.

"Neville!" She hugged him, she needed to hug someone right then but he didn't return it, instead he smiled weakly at her and went back to staring at his eggs. "Harry said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Oh...I...forgot." Luna frowned, today wasn't the best day for cold reactions.

"Neville, please don't be mad at me." She whispered feeling the tears sting the corner of her eyes as she turned around to face her plate.