1. Nightmares

A/N:

I'm so exited I could die. My first bxb story.....This chapter is dedicated to enigmawings for writing one of my favorite boyXboy story. Savior or prisoner really inspired me wile writing this. Thank you

Comment! Your comments are the energy drink I need! *_*

Chapter 1

**Nate's POV**

I've had enough. There is no way in hell I'm suffering through another night of this. Why does he keep haunting me? What have I done wrong?

I threw my cover over to the side, and was welcomed by the cool winter chills when I placed my feet on the hard tile floor. I mumbled a curse to myself. I reached and grabbed the cover, using it to shield my small body from the frigid air, and enjoying the warmth it brought me.

I've always hated winter. It's so cold and...well...cold. Some might even say I was allergic to the cold-if I had anybody that knew me that well.

I got up from my bed and walked slowly to the light switch. I flicked it on, and was momentarily harassed by the bright light. I squinted my eyes to keep the brightness away. Ah! I should have seen that coming, but at least it didn't last long. My eyes adjusted almost instantly.

I looked around my room...no, more accurately their room that they let me borrow.

There is no point getting attached to this place or the people in it. I will be leaving as soon as they get tired of me. They always get tired of me.

I've learned my lessons from my past experiences: never get attached, never take what's not yours (which in my case basically means take nothing). I have nothing...just myself and my book-bag, in which I carry all my clothes and the few book I've managed to earn by doing little jobs for granny neighbors at the houses I've lived in. Sometimes I wonder how those people are doing. Half of them are probably dead by now, but I shouldn't think about that. I don't want to think about that. It hurts to know I will never see the only people that were ever nice to me.

I walked over to the table and chair in the corner of the room. Sort of like a little office space, it was decked with a brand new computer, a few notebooks, and a fancy pen-purple with a glass handle (what does a high school kid need a fancy pen for? I mean I need a pen but not a fancy one). I have to admit, at least this family was actually trying. But that isn't a reason to believe they were keeping me. No way. Even the nice ones get tired of me.

I push my dysfunctional life out of my head. There's plenty of time to think about it later.

"Now, Nate, focus on the problem at hand," I tell myself sternly. How can I get rid of these nightmares? I've tried every possible thing I could think of. I drank some horrible juice recipe that I found on a website which promised "Quick potent solution for nightmares." I even tried self therapy. I know that sounds pathetic, but who can I ask to do it for me? There is no one I am close to, and I have no friends. Not because I just moved here, but I've never had any friends, period. Not even when I lived at the foster home in New York. The sisters hated me; they said I caused too much trouble.

I seriously don't know how they came to that conclusion. I hardly ever talked at all. I was always in my little corner reading my books, while kids ran around playing and laughing. To be completely honest, I liked it better that way.

"Nate you're drifting off again," I tell myself. I shake my head to clear it of any thought.

I picked up the top notebook. It had a picture of a horse gliding on the beach. The wind caressing its mane lightly, smoothing it of any knot or loose strands. How I wish I was a horse. To be free.