Chatter Box

Chapter 19

Annabelle up there*

***Nate"s POV***

"Welcome back" I vaguely registered Mitch moving away from me and greeting the person who entered. 'It must be Mr. S coming back' I thought, so I didn't look to the door until I heard the cutest voice scream "Michy!". The next thing I saw was just a blur of a tiny person running into Mitch's watting arms.

"It's nice to see you too little storm" Mitch said patting the small frame a huge smile on his face.

I was mesmerized. Not by the little storm mind you, dough i admit she was a bundle of cuteness. But no, what caught me in a trance was Mitch's smile.

It had not occurred to me that he could make such and expretion, so brilliant and full of joy. It was so in contrast with everything I knew about him, including the fiasco from earlier.

Thinking about that made me realize, I did't know Mitch.

Sure I knew him. The guy who was my classmate, the guy who was strangely connected to my foster parents. The guy who unnerved me simingly for no reason at all.

But, I didn't know the guy in front of me the guy that was patting his sister's head with affection, laughing with no care in the world what he feared, what his dreams were, what he wish to be in the future what kind of life he hoped to have, his failures and mistakes or even his successes; I didn't know any of that. I just assumed with my own predispositions that he was someone I needed to stay clear of, I decided that by myself, with no input from him at all, Why?

I don't have the answer to my own questions. Why had I done that? Why had I thought that? Am i the type of person who just does things without reason or cause? No. Far from it. I actually tend to overthink things. So why is it when it comes to this guy, all my rational tought fly out the window?

I was so immersed in figuring out my own thought processes, I didn't realize there was another person in the room biside the tow of us and the storm until a gentle hand landed on my Left shoulder.

"You must be Nathalian." I Jumped turning to look at the speaker. I was greeted with a welcoming smile from the lady beside me. A bobed hair cut the color of chestnuts cropped her face, her eyes were almond colored, they had a softness about them. I noted a beauty mark right below her left eye. The women had full lips and her smile reached all the way to her redish cheeks. I decided she must be Mitch's mother, their resemblense though it wasn't aperant I could still see a small tint of it by the pointed nose they both had, and the contour of their faces

She removed her hand from my shoulder and extended it to me, I took it tentatively and shook it.

"Yes, I'm Nathalian...Fall, I hope I'm not troubling you too much."

"Wow so formal. What a rare sight these days." She gasped.

"Uhmm. Thank you for having me, and I'm sorry to intrude." I answered carfully.

"Oh nonsense we're glad to have you. I hope Mitch has been a good host to you."

"Uhmm yes" I chocked out with a small nod of the head, "he has been very nice to me Mam."

I was taken back by the blast of laughter that escaped her "Mitch has been nice?" She corked an eyebrow, making her seem incredibly mischievous, "that is the funniest thing I've heard in a while, and i've been whith a senile old lady who never shuts up.....for the past couple of days."

"MA" Mitch barcked out in indignation, letting go of his little storm.

"Oh shush you. You know I'm right" she waved an uncaring hand at Mitch's general directions , then turned to me for confirmation, "right?"