Contract

Kevins POV

Around twenty of us stood in a room together, an hour after the final callback of auditions. They would be accepting half of us as trainees; the room was silent with anticipation. My mind was racing wildly. This was the deciding moment; it would mean, however, that Soohyun and I would have to hide our relationship.
        I felt Soohyuns hand on my knee and looked over to see a soft smile on his lips. He leaned in and whispered, "no matter what happens, remember I love you and you're amazing." I smiled widely and responded with "Same to you." No sooner, a man walked in grabbing everyone's attention. All eyes followed him as he took his time walking to the middle of the room. His eyes grazed the crowd before returning to the paper in his hand. "Would the following people please join me in the office to consider a contract," he began in a calm monotone voice. Alexander's hand was in my left and Soohyuns in my right as we watched the man in anticipation. "Elison Kim," was the first name. We all looked over at the man, giving him a thumbs up in congratulations. "Alexander Eusebio," was the second name called. Xander gave my hand an excited squeeze but remained calm in expression. My heart was racing wildly at this point. "Lee Junyoung," that name was familiar. I looked over and to my surprise, there was the young, arrogant boy sitting with a proud smile. I'm surprised I hadn't noticed him before. "Shin Soohyun," my smile went wide as I looked over at him to see his smile flashing back at me. So far, so good. "Kim Kibum," I looked over in shock, seeing the friend of Soohyuns. "I don't recall seeing him at auditions," I whisper to Soohyun. "There was a lot of people. I'm surprised... he never showed interest in-" Soohyuns voice was cut off by the next name. "Lee Kiseop," another man I met before. I gave him a friendly smile. He waved and smiled in return, clearly excited; he almost seemed on the verge of tears. I can't blame him. I would be too. "Kim Jaeseop," he continued. I looked over to see Jaeseop who I recognized as the former maknae of Paran. He gave a simple nod remaining calm. "Shin Dongho," was the eighth name. Two left. I stared at the man nervously, praying in silence. "Jung Naesoo" an unfamiliar name was called. I looked over and saw a boy younger than any of us, sitting with a wide smile, slightly bouncing in his seat. It was cute but I automatically returned my gaze to the man. One name left. My heart was pounding, sweat formed on the back of my neck everything seemed to be going in slow motion. Alexander and Soohyun were gripping my warm shaking hands. I held my breath as I waited. "And," the man finished, reading the final name. My heart nearly dropped.