dear diary

tadaaa here it is. sorry if it's lame. cuz. I'm lame. haha

Kevin's POV

"Soohyun!" I called frantically through the hallways. "Soohyun-ah?"

   Suddenly, an arm pulled me to a stop, the colours and objects around be luring back into focus. "He's fine. Upstairs, room 203." a familiar voice cooed deeply. With a quick spin, I faced the man behind me, composing my expression. "J-Jongyin-ssi, gomapseubnida." I bowed and moved to slip past him to follow his instruction but was stopped again. "What are you to Soohyun?" I froze in my tracks and thought for a moment. "I'm a student." I replied dully. His ice breath awoke the fear in me, guarding the way to turn around so I helplessly kept to facing the hallway. "No. I know you're a student but what does he see you as, Sunghyun? What does he wish you to be?" The ice spat at me, confusing and scaring me. "I'm a student, that is all. Probably his best student," I exclaimed knowing there was a certain truth to that. "but what do you mean?"

   There was a moment of cold silence before he shoved a book at my side, making me wince. "Keep this in your bag and don't so much as hint that you have it or I will gladly have way with you." He scowled snake-like before roughly setting me aside and walking away. I watched for a moment with the book weakly in my hands, studying his face and his eyes, the way he walks and his messy hair knowing he wasn't always this way. I'd help if I could.

   Shrugging it off, I looked down at the dark book, painted with a heavy coating of time, a rough cover hanging by literally only a thread. "수현" was scrawled neatly over it. "It says...Soohyun..." I whispered, tracing my fingers over the soft lettering of hangul. With one quick glance back to the door Jongyin had left from, I hid the book away in my schoolbag with shaky hands as I turned to the staircase. On the way up, I passed a nurse and bowed to her huridly, keeping my mind on the task at hand.

   "Soohyun?" I softed through the open door, capturing his attention. "Kevin, what are you doing here?" he moaned, smiling over at me as he rubbed his eyes. "Word got around the school you were in the hospital, I came as soon as my schedule was done for the day. Are you just awakening? I can come back another time if you-" "No! I...I mean, no, that's alright I could use some company," he said quietly, red stealing his cheeks faintly. I bit my lip, examining the way his hair fell lazily over his face rather than done up and the hospital gown fitting to him loosely. It was actually quite an attractive sight, honestly. "Yah, quit being cute," I giggled, walking over to him and closing the door behind me. He looked up, his eyebrows sinking in. "Mwoyo~? I'm not cute," he chuckled, patting the bed next to him. I nodded and headed over, gently setting myself down. "Hey," I began speaking without thinking. I leaned on one hand, looking dreamily into his eyes. "Yes," he sat up to mimic my position, smiling as the angel he is. My heart leaped; I didn't have the guts to say it. I can't say it. I won't say it. "You and I are friends, right?" I said it. He took my hand, infesting me with a warmth to melt the ice that I had battled with before, butterflies replacing the snake. "Yeah." I sat up, the warmth spreading to my cheeks. He laughed and lay back in his bed, stretching.

    "Visiting hour is over," a short, female nurse chimed from the doorway. I sat for a second longer, smiling at Soohyun before standing and bowing to her. "Ne. Annyeong, Soohyun-ah." I said cutely. His face lit up a light shade of pink at me addressing him informally. A chuckle snuck from my lips on the way out the door and with that, I was gone.

~

"I'm going to bed, hyung!" I called out to Alexander sleepily before striping off my shirt. "Night Kevin!" He replied, muffled by the wall. As I tossed my bag off to the side, a book fell from it. I dragged myself over, about to return the book to my bag when the title caught my eye. It wasn't a schoolbook, rather it was the book Jongyin handed me questioningly earlier. I was tired to tears, that was true, but the longer I stood with the worn down journal in my hands, the more I ached with curiosity.

    When I could no longer take the burningly anxious feeling, I snuck up on the first page, breathing in word after word. "Dear diary..."