one ;; the small box

a/n im sorry if the first part is very depressing :-|

michael

This day was the worst. Ever.

Nothing in my life has been going to plan lately. It's like as if I've done something so wrong I deserve this. First, my mom and dad gets divorced, leaving me with my mom. Secondly, whenever I meet my former boyfriend, Luke, at his house every night, he's always drunk and abusive. The only night that we've spent when he isn't drunk was the night before...

The night before the car accident.

The night before he died.

That was supposed to be the third one but who cares.

Now I'm starting to be like him. Depressed, drunk, angry. It's always like this. My arm bleeds almost every night from the cutter. I want to stop but...

I just can't.

Right now, I live with my roommate in an apartment. My mom got tiresome of me being like this so she sent me away. She said she had a friend named Joy Hood who had a son named Calum. She kept saying that he was a really good influence to me, unlike Luke. Oh and, Calum's my roommate.

I decided to rest my eyes a little from Netflix and avoid trying to finish the ice cream. I finally stretched my legs and walked outside my bedroom into the kitchen, finding Calum in there pouring himself a glass of water. When he notices me he quickly flashes a big grin while I just stared blankly at him in return. How rude of me. 

"Um..." Calum says as he bites his lip uncomfortably. "H-how was your night?"

Oh, I just came out of my room after crying and watching loads of weird shit and almost finishing a whole bucket of chocolate ice cream, the usual, you know?

"Fine." I mutter, busy preparing the coffee maker for, well, my coffee. 

Calum didn't seem convinced yet. "Uh, are you sure? The walls here are not that thick and somewhere around one in the morning, I literally heard Jessica Jones playing from your room." 

I mentally facepalm. Don't judge me.

"It's fine. I've watched that." He says, calming me down. His phone suddenly rings and he picks up. "Oi, Ashton...yeah...what, no...sure...oh god, okay I'm coming!" Calum instantly pushes the phone back into his pocket. "Sorry, Michael, but I'm needed! Bye! Keep the house safe!"

I just nod in response and watch him sprint out of the kitchen. 

It's just me. Alone. Again.

After my coffee had finished brewing, I decided to take a stroll around the house with it. Later, in the bathroom Calum and I share, something catches my eye. As I peek into the bathroom, a small red box sat on the sink with a pretty golden bow tied around it. There was a tag tied to the ribbon. I pick it up and read:

to my wonderful and cute patootie, calum 

xoxo jessica

Oh, it was from Calum's very bitchy girlfriend. 

I debated whether to open it or not. Maybe not. 

Let's just ask Calum when he gets home.

END OF CHAPTER 1

"omg faye y u suck"

i dont know.

but hey, triple update!! :-)

-faye