Chapter Six

Michael smiles. The kind of smile that makes your insides melt. "Yeah," he says. He's still smiling when he bites his lip. "I'll go grab my book bag then I'll be right back."

"Okay. Thank you," I say, relieved. To be honest, the only person I want to be here with me is Michael.

"Any time." Michael smiles again and walks out the door.

I rub my eyes with the heel of my hands. How good does a warm blanket, a movie and fluffy pajama pants sound? Like heaven. I kick off my shoes by the door and take my hair out of the braid. I shake it out, my hair waving all the way past my shoulders. Michael walks back into the door and sets his book bag on the floor beside the chair where he set mine.

"Is it alright if I go change?" I ask. Michael nods.

"Go ahead. It's your house," Michael says. I smile.

"The bathroom is down the hall on the right if you need that. The kitchen is just straight ahead through the foyer," I say.

"Okay," Michael says, nodding his head. I give a quick nod and run up the stairs.

My door is wide open when I walk up there. I forgot to close it I guess. I quickly walk to my dresser, yanking open one of the drawers and tugging a pair of soft pink pajama pants out. They are smooth against my hand. Just the fluffy pants I wanted. I abandon my jeans on the floor and slip into my pajama pants. I grab a thick, soft blanket and head downstairs.

Michael is standing next to the door of the living room. He's leaning against the wall, on his phone. When he sees me, he stuffs his phone in his pocket and pushes himself of the wall.

"You could've gone in there ya know," I say. Michael shrugs, shyly smiling.

"I didn't want to intrude," he says quietly. I smile and shake my head.

"It's not intruding when I invited you in then asked you to stay," I say. "Are you hungry?"

"No, not quite yet," Michael says, chuckling.

"Let's watch a movie," I say, grabbing his sleeve and pulling him into the living room.

The dark curtains are pulled across the windows, blocking out most of the light. I don't bother to turn on the light as I tell Michael to sit on the couch. The remote is sitting on the coffee table. I grab it and fall back into the couch. I unfold the blanket and drape it over me.

"Did you take off your shoes?" I ask.

"I had a feeling you wanted me to put them by the door," Michael says.

"Yep. So you did," I say, my mouth forming into a half grin.

"Yup. What movie are you gonna turn on?" Michael asks.

"I was just about to ask you that question," I say. Michael laughs. "I was thinking Divergent."

"Never seen it," Michael says. I gasp, dropping the remote into my lap. He rolls his eyes and laughs. "I see where this is going. Go ahead and play the movie."

"Yay!" I squeal and press play on the movie.

Michael smiles. "Shouldn't you be getting some rest?" he asks while the opening credits begin.

"Maybe," I say, dragging it out. Michael moves his legs up onto the couch.

"Come here." He motions for me to move over to him. I wrap up the blanket and crawl down the couch to him. I sit beside him, facing him, and he stretches his legs out the rest of the way. He moves onto his side. "Now you can lay down."

I smile and lie down, my back pressed up against his chest. He gently takes the blanket from me and lays it over both of us. The movie begins when he puts his arm over my waist. I try not to blush, choosing to focus most of my attention on the movie. It's kind of hard with him right against my back.

Turns out, Michael is a silent movie watcher. You know those people who constantly asks a bunch of questions about the movie? Yeah, he's the total opposite of that. He just sits quietly. But then he bombards you with questions afterwards.

"So her mom was really Dauntless?" he asks.

"Yep. I'd tell you a spoiler but I'm not going to," I say. Michael pouts but doesn't say anything against it.

"Do they go beyond the wall?" he asks.

"Just out to the Amity. Passed the wall is the last one. Well, last book anyways. Third movie," I say.

"Okay. Why did you grimace every time you saw Caleb?" he says.

"That's a spoiler for the next one," I say. Yawning, I rub my eyes and bury my face in the blanket.

"Are you tired?" Michael asks.

"A little bit," I say. I close my eyes, risking falling asleep. Sleep just sounds so good. My limbs start to relax more and more.

"Go to sleep. I can see you're already falling asleep," Michael says.

"Stay?" I whisper almost inaudibly.

"Of course," Michael says, kissing the back of my head and pulling the blanket up higher. The warmth makes me even more tired. Michael pulls me closer to him. As my comfort level increases, my ability to stay awake decreases. Soon enough, everything turns black and silent.