Chapter 2

Jennifer's POV

"JENNIFER!" I smirk sleepily. Jessica sprayed her "air freshener."

"GET DOWN HERE NOW!" I groan and roll out of bed. I stumble into the hall and to Jessica's office, breathing through my mouth. I lean against the doorframe, waiting for her to say something.

"Dishes. Breakfast, lunch, dinner," she tells me with her jaw clenched.

I sigh and leave the room.

I get back into my lovely bedroom and collapse back on the bed, groaning. I get back up again, realising that I have to get dressed.

I pull on the same pair of jeans as yesterday, my only pair, and my light denim button down shirt before putting on my white short sleeved t-shirt and rolling up the denim sleeves. I pull on my Captain America converse and look like a complete idiot, but YOLO! No but seriously I look, and now sound, stupid.

I pull my hair up into a high ponytail and hurry into the kitchen. Bleh. Dishes. I get to sleep in since I never eat breakfast anymore, which is definately a plus.

--------------------

I finally finsish the breakfast dishes and so I head to the main room. I plop down on the sofa and lean back onto something kind of pointy.

I reach behind me and pull out a shoe. It's dark brown leather with brown and orange accents. The tag on the tounge says converse cons. It has brown laces. And it's a size men's 10.5. Micah. No one else has feet that big. Jonah wears a men's 7.5. (UK sizes)

Right on cue Micah comes hurtling into the main room wearing brown cargo shorts, a white t-shirt, and one shoe.

He looks around frantically until he sees me holding the shoe up. He comes over and snatches it. He pulls it on, obviously in a rush. Oh, right. His shift at the store starts in seven minutes.

"Thanks, Danny!" he calls as he runs out the door. It takes me a minute, but I evetually get it. Denim on denim. Danny O'Donoghue. The Voice UK.

I lie back down and just listen to the noise. Needless to say, there's a shitload of it.

---------------------

When everyone is finally done with lunch and I'm done with my half an apple I start on the dishes. It takes half an hour.

Jonah, being the helpful person he is, sits at one of the scrubbed wooden tabels waiting for me. So sweet.

I wipe my hands on the back of Jonah's grey football shirt. He doesn't even protest, knowing that that won't help him at all.

He opens the back door and we sit on the grass. Seriously. We just sit there for about ten minutes.

"We should do something," he finally says. I immediately agree. We brainstorm for a while before deciding to go to Nat's house and see if she wants to watch a film. We're totally allowed to do that.

--------------------

I knock on the door and stand up straight and wait, motioning for Jonah to do the same. A second later the door opens and Natalie's standing there in grey leggings and a pink tank top.

She looks surprised.

"Hello," I start. "Would you like to buy some doorknobs? All of the money we raise goes to the Save The Eggplants Foundation," I tell her in a completely serious voice. She flips me off.

"We were wondering if you wanted to watch a film at your house," Jonah says from behind me.

"Oh, sure. Come in. What do you want to watch?" Jonah and I step inside her house and make our way to her basement/game room. She's following us.