Chapter 6

Jennifer's POV

Around three thrirty I was called downstairs for an announcement and "family bonding time." I finally find the stairs, walk down them, and see Eleanor and Louis sitting there. I think Harry went out.

"So, we decided that tonight we're going to have a welcome party for you!" Louis announces out of the blue.

------------------

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time. I examined my black skinny jean clad legs and turned so that I was at a ninety degree angle from the mirror. I sucked in my stomach as much as I could and I watched the flowy turquoise tank top retreat just a bit.

Then I got distracted by my shoes. They're like colorful, liny, casset tape converse. I quickly pulled my dark hair into a fishtail braid and ran downstairs.

Louis, Eleanor, and Harry werre waiting in the living... area. It wasn't a serperate room, so... Eleanor stands up. And my tiny shred of self esteem flies out the window. She was just wearing dark jeans, a white blouse, and heels, but she looked a hell of a lot better than me.

No, Head! Shut up! You can't be jealous of your mother figure!

-------------------

I pull my phone out of my pocket and check the time. 8:13. Only two mintes since the last time I checked. I readjusted my self on the couch and looked around the room. It was full of tipsy pop stars.

I'm 97% sure that Louis and Eleanor and Harry didn't even tell most of them that this was a welcome party for me. Not like I care. It means less fucking gorgeous people talking to me.

I'm starting to just space out when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I whip my head around to see a boy, about my age, with short blonde hair that sticks up a bit.

"Is this seat taken?" he asks politely. I shake my head "no." He comes around and sits beside me.

"I'm Andrew Bruce," he says, sticking out his hand.

"Jen." I shake his hand. "So what are you doing here?" he asks me.

"It's actually supposed to be my welcome party. Louis just adopted me," I explain.

"Oh," he nods, looking a bit embarrassed.

"What about you?" I ask.

"I'm Jade Thirwall's cousin. I'm staying with her and Perrie for a while," he explains. We sit there for a minute.

"Do you wanna leave?" I blurt out. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"You want to leave your own party?" he asks. I sigh.

"Oh, I don't know. A bunch of good looking, drunk popstars that are at least four years older than me? What could be better," I say sarcastically.

"How about we go back to Jade and Perrie's place and watch films? We have instant Netflix," he says.

"You know, at this point I really don't care," I say, consiquently getting the Demi Lovato song stuck in my head. God I love Demi Lovato.

"Kay, should we sneak out the back?" he asks.

"At this point I bet we could walk through the front door," I say with a small smile. And so that's exactly what we do, walk through the front door.

--------------------

"Here, they're Jade's. She probably won't mind," Andrew says handing me a pair of neon pink shorts.

"Thanks," I mumble, worrying about what she'll think if she finds out. She probably doesn't want an ugly bitch wearing her shorts. Whatever. I change into the shorts, fold up my pants, and walk back into the living room with my pants and shoes.