Chapter 22

Jennifer's POV

4 days later (Friday October 4)

I'm wide awake

I'm wide awake

I'm wide awake

Yeah, I was in the dark

I was falling hard

With an open heart

I'm wide awake

How did I read-

I stop the alarm and groan, closing my eyes again. 

That is, until I realise that it's Friday, the day of the dance. I shoot my eyes open and jump up. I'm already freaking out and there's still twelve hours until the dance.

I make my bed and get all my clothes out and stuff. 

I quickly get dressed and walk into the bathroom, softly singing White Flag by Dido. I stand in front of the mirror to do my hair and makeup.

I walk back into my room and pull on my black coverse. They're technically not out of dress code.

I check the time, 7:28, and grab all my stuff. I leave my room and shut the door behind me before walking down the stairs. I'm not sure how I'm getting to school this morning, Louis and the boys have been away for the past two days for interiews and signings.

I get downstairs and see Perrie sitting there, looking a bit tired. 

She looks up when she hears me and gives me a small smile. I return it.

"I'm taking you to school. Are you ready?" she asks. I nod, though inwardly I'm inwardly freaking out. I have a date tonight. With Evan.

I unconsciously smile at the thought of him before realising what I'm doing and stopping. Perrie gets in the car and so do I before we're off to school, me still trying not to think about Evan. It's not working.

After a while of silence A Thousand Years by Christina Perri starts playing in my head. What the hell? I do like that song, though.

My phone vibrates and I pull it out. It's a text from Evan.

Hey. What time should I pick you up tonight and where? My eyes widen a bit and I bite down hard on the inside of my lip to stop from smiling.

"So the boys get back tomorrow. You'll be alone for one more night? Is that okay?" Perrie asks. She gets One More Night by Maroon 5 stuck in my head.

"Yeah, that's cool," I say before replying with my adress and whenever he wants to.

I put my phone away and just sit there. Perrie reaches across and turns on the radio. Superhero by Cher Lloyd. I smile. Not only do I like this song, but the silence was getting a bit unbearable.

around it

Crying so can't let nobody see how I'm acting

You hurt me, you hurt me

And no not physically

Ain't got no bumps and bruises

To show people what you're doing to me

I thought it would be OK

But you see I heard everything you said

And I knew it, I knew that you'd turn out to be a sad case