Chapter 12

Mahua: I wish you were here!

Dude: It's 11 am on a Saturday! Do you really expect me to be at a wedding?

Dude: I just got up!

Dude: For a glass of water...

Dude: Back to sleep...

Mahua: Come back!

Mahua: I'm bored!

Mahua: The wedding hasn't started yet.

Mahua: Dude!

Mahua: Oh man...

Mahua: Don't come crying to me when I find another best friend!

Mahua: Gah!

She sat on the fancy pearl white cloth-covered chair at the wedding venue which was a garden resort. The wedding was to take place in the garden in the open air. Mahua loved open air weddings and this place particularly appealed to her with the lush green lawns spreading out for a vast distance with the sun shining away. Nature was the best decoration one could ask for. The only other thing she liked about today was the way she looked. She wanted to try out this outfit for a very long time and she had finally got the opportunity. It was a long skirt converted into a lehenga. She had attached a thick gold border at the edge making it even more festive than it was. But her favourite part of the skirt was the numerous colours. It had squares of red, yellow, blue and green all over, dotted with gold. She had teamed it with a golden blouse. She was itching to twirl around in the skirt. She knew it would puff around her and make her feel even prettier. She had even pinned a flower in her open hair.

She twiddled with her phone when she heard Priya's best friend, Meghana call out her name. She turned around and found her running towards her with a worried look on her face.

Mahua asked, "Hey...you look upset. Is everything alright?"

She shook her head and said, "No! I can't find Priya's shoes anywhere!"

Mahua frowned and asked, "Uh...are they necessary for the actual wedding?"

Meghana huffed and replied, "They're very expensive! She wanted them nearby and I can't find them anywhere. Can you please help me look?"

Mahua nodded and said, "Of course. Um what do they look like?"

"They're silver with butterflies on them. That should make it easy to spot, right?"

"Yeah yeah. On it"

Mahua walked away from Meghana and took to the stairs two at a time. The wedding was at a resort with the entire first floor given to the bride and her entourage. She knocked on each door, politely asked if they had seen a pair of silver shoes with butterflies on them. She didn't get a positive answer from any of them. She turned around and spotted a shoe box on the edge of the last step. She whooped and bent to pick it up. Silver: Check. Butterflies: Check. Jackpot: Check.

She put back the cover and smiled, digging out her phone from her embroidered purse when she looked out the veranda. She spotted Ranvijay walking in through the gilt framed arched gates. She walked over and set the box on the ledge to watch him make his entrance. Without her knowledge, a smile began spreading on her face. He was wearing a simple white kurta set. It was the simplest outfit she could think of yet it somehow managed to make him stand out from the rest. Even from a distance, she could make out that he was turning heads of the young women present at the wedding. She picked up the box and turned around to make her way down the stairs. Finally, this wedding was looking up!

She reached the resort lobby and walked over to the lawn. She found Meghana now looking under each of the chairs frantically. She snorted and tapped her on the shoulder and handed her the box. In return, she got a bone-crushing hug. Over Meghana's shoulder, she saw Ranvijay making his way toward her. She broke into a smile and waved. He wasn't looking at her though. He wasn't alone either.

Author'sNote: Yeah,yeah! Putting up Chapter 13 in a bit. Don't worry! :)