8. One step closer

Natalia led James to her home and when they reached a small building she slowly stopped.

"This is it", she told him.

"It's nice", James commented.

Natalia smiled as they walked to her doorstep. Once stood by the door they turned to face each other.

"Well thanks for walking me", Natalia said.

"Couldn't have you walking all alone this late, who knows who you could have bumped into without me here", James joked.

"Oh I'm sure I could handle them", Natalia played alone.

James grinned.
"I don't doubt that, I just wanted an excuse to walk with you."

"Really", Natalia laughed. "And why would you want to do that?"

James took a step towards her and placed a hand under her chin.
"Honestly, so I could do this", he said quietly before leaning in.

As soon as their lips touched, Natalia felt her body melt in to James.

She wrapped her arms around his neck while his were holding her waist.

This kiss had been a long time coming, but it was well worth the wait. The flirty behaviour between the two of them that had started months ago all led to this moment.

As they slowly parted Natalia moved her hands to rest and James's shoulder so she could see his face. She was slightly out of breath from the sensual kiss which had made her realise just how much she cared for James.

When heir eyes met, Natalia knew she wasn't the only one feeling this way. James was looking at her, grinning and she couldn't help but start laughing too. She wasn't sure what it was, but something about his arms wrapped around her just felt right.

"I think you should walk me home more often", Natalia joked.

James laughed.
"That can be arranged", he said before kissing her again.

Natalia let her eyes flutter closed as she melted into him.

This was so new to her. Sure she'd kissed people before but no one she cared for. Once they parted James placed his forehead against her own.

They both smiled, catching their breath.

"I should probably get going", James whispered, clearly not wanting to leave her.

"Okay", Natalia replied not wanting him to go.

James grinned and placed a kiss on her cheek like he always did before starting to walk down the road.

"See you soon Natalia, I look forward to walking you home again", he shouted.

Natalia laughed as he waved at her.

She used to think whatever it was between them was just a flirty banter, but no. This was much more dangerous.

Natasha smiled and shook her head as she began to unlock her door.