10. The Finding

It was 7:30 on a Friday, a few months after their first kiss when James was stood outside their usual meeting point at the bar.

He checked his watch for the twelfth time this minute.

Natalia was late, half an hour late.

That might now seem a long time for any other man but James knew Natalia.
She was never late.

He continued to lean against the brick wall behind him.

A further fifteen minutes past before Natalia appeared from around the corner, James released a sighed of relief when she did.

He walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her.

He felt Natalia melt into him.

"Sorry I'm late", she spoke into his chest.

James smiled into her hair and placed a kiss against her skin.

"It's okay, you're here now. Hopefully our table is still free", he joked before linking their fingers and leading here to the door of the bar.

"James wait..." Natasha said as she wriggled her fingers out of his.

He stopped walking and turned to look at her.
"What is it? Are you okay?"

Natalia smiled weakly.
"Yea, I was just thinking we could skip dinner and go back to you place", she said quietly.

James looked at her.

She looked worried, Natalia didn't worry.

He stepped closer to her.

"Hey, tell me what's going on", he said softly.

He saw Natalia look over her shoulder wearily.

He instantly understood and pulled her into a hug. It would appear to anyone near them that the couple were just sharing a embrace, not sharing critical information.

"Red Room found my apartment, they were waiting for me. I can't go home."
Natalia whispered into his chest.

James tightened his grip on her, that's why she was late.

"Are you hurt?"

Natalia didn't answer for a few seconds.
"It's just a scratch", she replied.

James couldn't decide if she was telling the truth or not.

He pressed a kiss against her head before linking his fingers with hers.

"Come on", he spoke softly.

He led her away from the bar and towards his own home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Sorry for the length of the last chapter - it was just to show the time space between this chapter and chapter 8.
Natalia and James obviously have strong feelings towards each other now, but they are both scared to admit that.
• The next chapter contains mature content just to warn readers...