18. A new age

Natalia was cryogenically frozen and let out whenever the Red Room needed her to complete a mission and then she would get thrown straight back in, sometimes frozen for years at a time but never ageing a day.

Years had past since she lost Bucky but she still looked the same and remembers him just as well.

She knew he would definitely be dead now, it would be impossible for him to survive.

It was 1998 the next time she was let out.

Red Room placed brain implants inside her so she was up to date with the worlds status.

Her mission was then explained: take out a snooping shield agent.

It didn't take long for Natalia to find the agent, but he was expecting her.

Before she knew a bow and arrow was pointing right at her, ready to puncture her heart.

Natalia had her gun pointing directly at the attackers head, ready to fire at any second.

However when Natalia looked closely at the man in front of her, she paused.

He looked like so many people she had seen before, like so many of the people she had killed, innocent.

But what got Natalia most of all was the fact he looked like James.

She knew nothing about the person stood in front of her.

He could be married or have a family, she had no idea, she was just going to kill him because Red Room told her to.

Enough was enough.

No more red.

No more fighting.

The man stood in front of her noticed her change in expression and he frowned when she lowered her weapon. However he kept his bow raised, pointing at Natalia.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

Natalia opened her mouth to answer him but she realised that she had no idea.

"I don't know anymore. I just know I can't go back there", she said quietly.

She saw the man frown.
"Red room?"

Natalia nodded.

She watched as the man lowered his weapon.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Natalia", she whispered.

The man nodded.
"I'm Clint, if you come with me I think I could help you", he told her.

Natalia looked at Clint and thought for a few seconds.

Anything to escape Red Room

"Okay, I'll go with you", she agreed.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
That was twelve years ago Clint saved her and her life had changed dramatically since then.

She became Natasha.

She was a Avenger.

She had friends, a home, a family.

However, not a day went by when she didn't think about James.