14

Ali

"So basically, where this story leaves off is me trying to figure out what to wear on our date tonight." I conclude as I finish telling Lauren what she missed while she was at camp.

"Let me get this straight, so you and Michael are going behind Ashton's back? Woah, this is something the Ali I met would never do." Lauren gasps, teasing me.

"Trust me, I'm not to fond of the idea." I confess.

"Michael seems like a good kid, don't let him go. He treats you well." She tells me truthfully.

"Yeah, he does." I smile to myself.

Alina: MICHAEL GORDON ANSWER ME NOW!! WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I WEAR

Mikey: whatever your heart desires, baby girl

Alina: so in other words, a t-shirt will work?

Mikey: yep

Mikey: also wear gym shoes

Alina: oh gosh, wtf do you have planned

I begin looking for a plain gray t-shirt and some light washed shorts. I leave my hair in its straight/messy form.

Mikey: I'm outside your house so hurry your ass up

"Mikey is here, see you later!" I smile and waving bye before rushing outside.

"Hello beautiful." He grins at me as I get in the car. "The adventures begin now." My stomach doing backflips as he says this.

After about five minutes of driving, Michael stops in front of a place called, 'Tom's Italian Ice.'

"This really isn't dinner." I laugh as we walk in.

"It's filling though." He points out then walks over to the cash register.

"What do you want?"

"The raspberry." I simply respond.

"One lemon and one raspberry." Michael orders and gives the guy money before Michael is handed two cups of Italian ice. My eyes light up like a little kid when I am handed mine. Michael lightly laughs looking over at me. "You're so adorable." He mumbles handing me a spoon.

"Thanks for well- dinner. How much do I owe you?" I question.

"Nothing, it's the least I could do since I am sneaking you around." He chuckles taking a bite of his.

"Can I try yours?" I point at his ice.

"If I can try your." Michael smiles handing me his and I hand him mine.

I throw my head back, amazed that shaved ice could taste so amazing. Michael wasn't kidding when he said it was the best place. We switch again before walking around.

"Look the sun is about to set!" Michael lights up. "Hell yes, we are right by the trail." He begins walking super fast.

I run after him and slow him down. "Slow down." I pant not being the best runner. "Where the hell are you going?"

"My favorite spot in all of Sydney." Michael grins. We cross the street and walk a little bit before Michael takes a left into some forest. He walks up the incline of the steep forest with ease, I on the other hand was not into all the fast walking.

"Slow the fuck down." I yell after Michael and he stops turning around walking in my direction.

"Here." Michael motions for me to get on his back.

I gulp hesitating to get on on.

"Get on." He says again thinking I didn't hear.

"I can't"

"Why?"

"I'm too heavy." I mumble.

He turns to face me. "You are not. You are gorgeous. Now get on." He tells me.

"Fine." I say hoping on his back. I wrap my legs around his torso and my arms around his neck.

He begins to walk up the huge hill as the trees begin to fade and a rocky-ish trail becomes more visible. Michael sets me down and stares out in front of him. I walk around him and stand next to him. My jaw drops as I see the magnificent view in front of me.

"Shit, Clifford. You really know the best place in Sydney." I breath out in complete amazement.

We were over looking the city and made it just in time for the sunset.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" Michael smiles sitting down.

I nod grabbing my phone and snapping a few pictures. "I literally have no words." I tell him sitting down next to him. "How often do you come up here?"

"A lot, I don't really know. But I don't think the guys know about it so it's like an escape." He says the sun slowly fading as the sky gets darker.

"Well it's the most amazing place ever. And I feel honored that I'm one of the few people to know about it."

"Sucks for the others who probably have no idea where we are and probably just finished a shitty game of FIFA." Michael laughs.

"Yeah, that's probably true." I giggle before placing my head on his shoulder.

"How mad do you think Ashton would be if he knew we were hanging out right now?" I question.

"I prefer the word, date." Michael corrects. "But I wouldn't worry about Ashton. We can do whatever the hell we want. Like look it, we are on top of a huge hill looking at the stars, just the two of us."

"I don't want to hurt him, though."

"He wouldn't be hurt if he cares about us." He explains not breaking our eye contact. "Look, I'm giving you my flannel because you are freezing, but Ashton is fucking here to stop me."

I slip into his blue flannel as I watch the raging boy. I couldn't help but take in his features as I stare up at him, how he was so passionate about doing whatever for me. Like losing his best friend for his sister who he's barely known for two months.

"What the hell are you doing me?" I ask him stopping his rant.

"I do t know what you are doing to me either." Michael lightly laughs looking at me.

"I'm pretty sure I like you." I conclude, this being a big step for me.

He looks at me for a few seconds trying to see if I was lying. "I like you too, shortie. I really do."

"God damnit, Clifford." I mumble smashing my lips to his and instantly feeling safe.