Chapter 5

The heat of Harry's body radiated and comforted mine. I tried not to think about how close I was to him even though I felt millions of sparks running through my body. I

resisted turning to face him and just stared up at the ceiling. 

"Hazel where's your dad?" I felt the bed shift as he turned to face me. His question caught me by surprise. I decided for the shorter version of the story.

"He left when I was about 12."

I tried not to think about my father. Memories of him just brought heartache, and pain.

The pain of not being enough, enough for him to stay.

I turned to face him, his face glowing from the moonlight coming through my window and saw that his eyebrows were furrowed as if trying to understand something.

It wasn't hard to understand, he left me and that was that.

"What happened?" he asked softly.

"Not much, I guess he just decided family wasn't his thing anymore." My lips turned into a hard line.

My heart refusing to feel any sort of sadness, I was very stubborn, mostly with myself and feelings.

"I'm sorry" he tucked my hair behind my ear and grazed his hand on my cheek. When it left me, I felt tingles from where it had been.

"Don't be, it doesn't matter anymore, it was a long time ago."  I faced the ceiling again, not wanting to talk about it.

I know I may come off as shut off to people but that's just the way I dealt with things.

The people that actually knew me said I was a laugh, at least it's what they said.

It's better in the end, that way you don't have the risk of losing someone you love that doesn't love you back, or at least not enough to stay.

"What about you? How's fame treating you?" I decided to change the subject him.

He smiled his dimple smile. "Good thank you very much. I love it, I love that I get to sing its something I'm passionate about, and I love that I get to hang out with five of the best mates anyone could ask for."

"Oh!  and the girls, the millions of screaming girls, you must also LOVE that!" I smirked at him.

Once I realized what he was doing, it was too late,  he grabbed his pillow and playfully hit my head.

"Ow! what was that for?" I laughed.

"We love our fans, sometimes it just gets a little crazy with  all the screaming. We owe everything to them."

Wow, guess I coudn't make fun of his answer.

"They love you guys you know? I think they'd do just about anything for you."

"Yeah we know, we see it, even when they think we don't."

Our bodies had shifted without realizing and his green eyes stared into my hazel ones.  It felt like time had frozen to give me that one piece of time with the curly haired boy that had been haunting my dreams.

I shifted back to staring at the ceiling and took a deep breath, not knowing when I had stopped.   I wasn't sure but I think I heard him do the same. What was he doing to me?

"Have you ever traveled?" he asked

"Not really, I haven't left past my state of Colorado."

"How come?"

I shrugged my shoulders,

"I don't know, I guess there's never been time for it. My mom's busy and what not."

Truth is I loved the idea of traveling. I wanted to see the world, all the beautiful places filled with different types of people.

It's something I dreamed of doing, along with that one big dream that no one besides my best friend knew about.

"You have to go to London, I think you'd love it." 

"I'm sure I would, one day Styles" 

We were looking at each other again. I coudn't help myself, this time I didn't want to turn away.  My breathing stopped and he turned away.

Did I do something wrong?

I turned to my side of the bed and got into my sleeping position.  I hadn't realized how tired I was and my eyes started closing when my head hit the pillow.

"Goodnight Harry."

"Goodnight Hazel."

My mind started drifting away. I wonder when he'll leave tomorrow.

Would I ever see him again? I pushed the thoughts out of my head.

Why would he see you again Hazel, he's Harry styles!

"You're beautiful Hazel" whispered Harry. 

I blushed slightly, not reaching the full potential since I wasn't facing him.

"You're not so bad yourself Styles." I said smiling.

I drifted to unconsciousness and I think I heard Harry say something.

I like you?

No it couldn't have been that. Then I was gone.

HARRY POV

"You're not so bad yourself Styles" she said. 

I smiled and didn't say anything. I couldn't take it anymore, it's like she had me trapped in some spell. I had to tell her. What would she say?

"Hazel I really like you." My breathing stopped waiting to hear her reply.

Did she freak out?

I took a look at her face and she was fully passed out. Just my luck, good going Harry.

Just tell a girl you like her while she's sleeping. She looked so peaceful, her chest rose slightly with every breath. Her perfectly plumped lips were slightly parted.

I let out a soft chuckle not wanting to wake her up. I sighed and got comfortable to sleep. How could I make the boys prolong our stay here tomorrow?

She really was something else, but she had so many walls built up, I could tell.

My intension is to break them down.  

And with that thought I drifted to sleep.