Chapter 5

It has been a week since I started dating Jake. We have both been happier since. I am with him now. We sit on a big hill in a park. We've been sitting here for about an hour. i close my eyes and lean my head on his chest. His arms wrap around me and keep me warm from the chilling air. 

We both lay down and and it becomes dark. I get a call from Kenan and ignore it. I end up falling asleep and when wake up I am on Jake's couch. He lives in the mansion on his own for now because Logan went to California. "Hey birthday babe," Jake says smirking. I frown. I hate birthdays. It just happened to be mine though. "Ugh what are you going to do to torture me today?" I ask groaning. 

It's 3 hours later and we are in Jakes house.Carter threw the door open about an hour ago and led the squad in. They all carried something. Zi carried a cake, Carter held some gifts, Monica held party hats, and Jillian brang the balloons. I realize they all spoke behind my back and contributed somehow.  I went into Jake's room and sat on his bed. I made a pouty face and crossed my arms over my chest. Jake was there in a second. "Oh come on. It's not even that bad," he says. I nod saying it is. He gets a sly grin on his face and I don't know what is going to happen. I try to run to the bathroom connected to his room. Before I can open the door, Jake's arms are around my waist. He lifts me off the ground and I scream. 

Jake swings me over his shoulder. "Jake put me down," I yell while laughing. "You are going to your party!" He says back. I kick my legs and swing my aarms wildly, but Jake still manages to carry me down the stairs. Everyone stairs at us and we get quiet. Make chuckles uncomfortably and sets me down. We eventually start talking and the party actually turns out to be fun. 

After I finish talking to Jillian and Monica about girly stuff, I turn around to find Jake. He is on the other side of the room talking to Kenan and the boys. They all seem to be having fun. Then everyone's faces go serious. Even Kenan's. Well except for Jake's face. Then Kenan stomps toward me. "Your boyfriend is very rude," he says as calm as he can. "Was it something I said?," Jake asks, yelling across the room. Only one conversation can get Kenan to respond like this. It's actually quite dumb if you ask me. Jake walks over to Kenan and I. "What happened?" I ask them both. "All I asked him was why he was like 2 years older than you guys and in the same grade," Jake explains. "Then I replied with my answer. Which was that I failed the grade 2 times," Kenan says with an angry expression on his face. "That's all that happened?," I ask. " well then I said only someone extremely dumb would be able to fail 2 times," Jake days sort of quietly. I sigh. Kenan has anger issues. I swear it. "He only called you dumb?," I sigh. Kenan nods his head with a hurt expression.

Ugh! My friends are so- ugh! "Well I should get going. You guys should go home too," I say. Everyone murmurs agreement and says their goodbyes. Jake hugs me, "Are you sure you can't stay?" I grin. "Not when you talk to me like that," I say smirking. We end up kissing and everyone groans in disgust. "Oh shut up Zi. We all know you want to kiss Monica,"Jake and I say. They both mutter something and everyone is staring at them. Zi strides up to Monica and then plants his lips on hers. Her eyes widen but then she responds. Everyone claps and whistles. So now they are together I guess. 

I ended up staying the night on Jake's couch. I woke up and brushed my knotted hair. After I was ready I kissed Jake goodbye and went home. When I got home my mom had already went to work and I made a bowl of Mac and cheese. I'm weird like that. I called Monica and heard Zi in the background. I ended up hanging up because I called at a bad time. Whatever they were doing they didn't want to be disturbed. My phone began ringing and I looked at the caller ID. 

"Hello?" I said answering. Jake's excited voice answered, "We're going to Hollywood!" I squealed. He explained how he was best friends with the Dollan Twins. And they were going to Hollywood to meet fans, but they had like 3 extra tickets and they invited us to come. So I'm meeting the Dollan Twins and CONNOR FRANTA!  We leave next week. I'm so exited to go. My mom won't really care. She never does.