chapter 3

"you'll let me stay here?"

"Of course beautiful" he smiled that showed his all white teeth.

"Umm why." I questioned

"It hurts to see a beautiful girl like you have bruises on their arm and on the streets. I know how life can be. You don't deserve this. You don't deserve to die like this. Not this pain."

"How would you know August?" I said my voice cracking sounding out I was on the edge of crying.

" well when Sheila (a/n his mom) lost mel things werent quite the same everybody has something in the past. And if you're on drugs"

"Woah what the fuck August I am not on drugs.. I got kicked out." I said with my head down and eyes furrowed mel? Omg He died i forgot damn i wish he could see this

"My bad." He shrugged like it was nothing. "Let's eat" I'm not going to lie I was hungry and seemed to have no choice. So I followed him to the dinning room. The light of the chandelier reflected on the long brown table which made the setting so good. August placed the plates of pancakes on each side. Damn they look so good,I just hope they taste as good.

"You can eat Kay." He smiled after my long intense stare .

I picked up the fork from beside my food and dug right in. Mmmm.. I closed my eyes. I haven't had food in so long.

"Slow down babygirl you don't want a tommy ache." He continue to eat.

Which made me stop digging in and show my manners.. Wait...babygirl?? My skin flushed and I'm sure he can see it. Oh my god he was just fine.

"Considering in the offer?" he said with his thick accent

"Umm-"

"I don't bite"

"I have nothing, I have nowhere to be or go I don't have food or money he can help me get on track. I stink right now and my clothes...." I said more to myself
I thought deeply why give up a nice offer to stay in this house with this fine ass man for a while.. What's the worst that can happen my life is already miserable.

"I'll stay-"
"Good"
"But under one condition, let me have my freedom and privacy."

"Yes privacy same goes to you."

After I was done eating I sat there not knowing what to do. The chair made a loud noise against the tile. "Follow me."his deep voice catching me off guard." I furrowed my eyebrows but still got up. I followed him upstairs and into a room which I'm assuming is his. He pulled a pair of boxers and a tank top.

"I'll get you some clothes but this is temporary." He handed me his clothes. Also with a towel and a washcloth.

"Use the shower in the guest room."
I nodded my head and went. I remembered it was by the stairs. I turned on the shower head and stripped. The hot rays beated against my skin, I haven't had one in a long time. I finally relaxed.

After I coated myself with the soap several times I cut the shower off and wrapped the towel around my body. I headed to the bedroom where the clothes laid on the bed. After I put on the clothes my skin felt dry. Not that it made me dry. I knocked on jermaine door. And he opened it widely beckoning me to come in.

I instantly got nervous and couldn't find the reason why I came.

"Umm.. D-do you hhave lotion?" I stuttered.
He handed me the lotion. Cocoa butter. Typical nigga lotion.

"Stay in here." He sat down on his bed and patted the side of him so I can sit.

" What happen? Where did you go? Why?"

"I had to leave August . You know my mom didn't like the hood. It was hard for us. As much as I wanted to stay I couldn't. And after a while that's when my life turned upside down." My voice started cracking again. "my mom died and I was to live with my step dad. He was the most terrible person I have ever met you don't understand." I couldn't even look up anymore I was so ashamed. I put my head in my hands.

"The bruises on you who did that."

"My step dad." In the corner of my eye I saw his jaw tense
I rubbed the lotion on my skin.
"Is this the only lotion you have?" I said smiling trying to change the subject.

"Nope" he popped the p. " its real nigga lotion and my jack off lotion. I'll buy your type of lotion." I looked at him astonished and burst out in laughter, yep that was August