Chapter ten: Where Were You?

((Warning!!!!!!! this chapter may trigger suicidal or harmful tendencies!!!!!!)))

~Dirks POV~

A little later, I decide I should probably get home. So Jake starts up the truck after Jane gets home. We get into the truck and while we're driving, he blasts some movie's soundtrack and sings loudly as he drives through the rain. He's so cute. Anyways, as we get nearer to my apartment, I give him directions as to where it is. Once we get to the road across from the apartment, he stops and parks the old ford.
"Do you want me to walk you in?" He asks.
"I think I'm okay, thanks though."
I take off my glasses for the first time in front of him and kiss him. He seemed mesmerized by my ugly highlighter-orange eyes. I get out of the truck afterwards.

I open my apartment door with the keys that were in my pocket. As soon as I open the door, my bro is unusually in front of the door.
"Where the heck were you? Were you out with a girl last night because, Dirk Strider, I swear I---"
"I was at a friend's house, shut up." I answered him, quite annoyed. He usually doesn't freak out like that. He usually just doesn't ever care about me. Why was it different this time...?
"And not even a freaking warning?"
"Its not like you'd care anyways."
"I'm your guardian, I can't let you go out for two days with no warning."
"I've done it before and you didn't seem to care. All you care about is being ironic and your dumb work."
"Don't you dare talk to me like that!"
"I can do whatever I want and you wouldn't care! Why today of all days do you decide you give a sh*t?!" I could feel my face turning red with anger and my fists were clenched.
"I always have!"
"REALLY?! LAST YEAR YOU FORGOT MY FREAKING BIRTHDAY! YOU DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT ME! YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT ME! YOU'RE THE WORST BROTHER EVER!!!"
I ran to my room, I could feel tears forming under my dumb shades. I then slammed the door shut and locked it. I walked over to my closet and grabbed a box that I haven't used for a few months. Inside it, there was a razor. I took the razor from the box and felt the ice cold metal hit my wrist. It hurt like heck. Three cuts in, I heard my brother knock on the door.

I'm honestly super sorry about this chapter!!!!!!!! Idk what made me write it like this but it just happened. Its kind of a venting thing idk... Anyways, please tell me how you like the book so far!
-_GG_ <3