Chapter fourteen: Fault

~Dirk's POV~
School has just finished for the day but I can't find Jake anywhere. I'm starting to get worried because he always comes to meet up with me in front of school. Where the h*ll could he be?
My phone rang. Maybe it's Jake.
I look down at the caller ID & it's Jane... I answer.
"Hello?"
"Hey um have you heard about what happened to Jake?"
"No. What the f*** happened?"
"He got beat up quite terribly during school & currently unconscious."
"Oh my god.... Is he okay?"
"He didn't sustain any major injuries, but he won't be able to go to the dance tomorrow, nor school"
"Oh sh*t..."
"Yeah"
"I'm gonna come over tomorrow and stay with him for the day. It's not like anything is going on at school anyways."
"Alright, I'll call Roxy and see if she will come too."
"Kay, bye"
"Bye"  Then I hung up. A tear streaming down my cheek.
What the f***... I'm so useless. I couldn't do anything to save him. It's all my fault that he got hurt. I knew o wasn't good enough and I never will be. I ran home. As I unlocked the door to the apartment, I saw no one but I knew bro was home. Sitting in front of the computer. Doing his work instead of paying attention to me. Like always.
I stormed to my room and slammed the door. I retrieved the box full of razors.
It'll only be a few more additions to my scarred wrist.
One more.
Two more.
Three more.
I deserved it.
After cleaning the wound and wrapping it with gauze, bro knocked on the door. I put on a sweater to hide it. Then I opened.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"I want you to come eat dinner with me." I was shocked. He would NEVER do something like that. But, unsure, I answered.
"Why?"
"Because I realized I haven't been paying enough attention to you."
What the f***?
"Fine." I knew this was going to be awfully awkward. I followed him to the messy kitchen where pizza was on the table. I was not in the mood. We sat down and each pulled a slice from the box.
"Hey, I'm really sorry about the other night" once again, I'm shocked.
"It's fine" I looked down.
"So...you've never mentioned your friend before."
"Jake?"
"Yeah, that one. Is he new?"
"Yup... Uh.. He's my... Never mind."
"He's your what"
I looked down and mumbled a bit as I said this.
"Boyfriend."
"Your what?!"
I looked up at him. "Boyfriend"
Now he was the one who looked shocked. I got up and went to my room. He tried to follow but I locked the door. This wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be.

Hello, my beautiful readers! I just need to let you all know that you are all amazing!!! Thank you for supporting me and reading on! If you have any constructive criticism, tips, or suggestions for the book, they are all VERY welcome and appreciated!
Thanks for reading! -_GG_<3