Our Everlasting Melody (15)

"You look great."

"I look like a skank."

"Well, it's perfect," Leslie assured me now, pulling my shirt down just a little. I didn't complain, even though I really wanted to. "Where did you even get these clothes, anyway?"

I couldn't help but make a face. "Cassie."

Leslie nodded in understanding. "Of course."

The dark blue tank top I was wearing went too low and it was way too tight, but Leslie thought that it was perfect. My skirt, which was way too short and white, definitely didn't leave much for the imagination.

"How did you explain to Cassie that you needed these clothes?" Leslie asked me now, seeming nervous that I had told someone else about what she had asked me.

"I told her that I needed it for my Halloween costume," I shrugged. When I showed up at her party later, I'd tell her that I decided to go with something else and I would give her the clothes back on Monday.

Leslie seemed relieved, but this didn't stop her from pushing me toward my car. "Okay, you should go over there now so you'll have enough time afterwards to get ready for Cassie's party. I'll see you there!"

I only gave her a wave before getting into my car and driving to Derrick's house. The closer I got, the more nervous I became. I really couldn't believe I was doing this.

Without even hesitating, I knocked on the front door right when I got up to it. If I hesitated, I wasn't ever going to do it. I made sure to wipe the very unamused look on my face and replace it with a smirk once Derrick opened the door.

He blinked at me before looking down at my outfit as if I was crazy. "Leah?"

"Can I come in?" I asked as sweetly as possible, still unable to believe that I actually agreed to this.

He was still looking at me as if I was utterly insane. "Yeah, sure..."

I gave him a smile as he stepped to the side and let me into his gigantic house. I had been there a few times before, but every time it looked different somehow.

"Where are your parents?" I asked him, not wanting to be seen by them.

He shrugged. "They're out. I'm the only one here."

"Perfect."

"So..." he started, still unsure of what was going on. "What are you doing here?"

I shushed him, taking his hand and leading him toward the stairs. He didn't stop me, mostly because he still didn't know what exactly we both were doing. I knew exactly where his room was, so I led him right to it and neither of us said a word until the door was closed behind us.

He was still looking at me as if I was insane. "Leah... what's going on?"

"I've just been..." I started slowly, taking a step toward him as I twirled my hair with my fingers. Though it was longer than it had been since Blake had woke up, it was still a lot shorter than it had been the year before, so it was a lot harder to attractively twirl.

Jeez, I sounded nuts.

"I've just been thinking about you lately," I finished now.

He blinked once again. "Okay..."

I didn't want to kiss him. He was an amazing kisser, yes; I had learned that from experience, but not only was he my best friend's boyfriend, and I was getting permission from her to do this, I was still in a relationship... albeit it be in secret.