Chapter 1

These next few chapters will be flashbacks.

Play = 🎶🎶

Chapter 1

"Dad?! Dad, I'm here! I'm here!" Stiles cried, tightly holding onto his fathers hand.

"Sir, you're gonna have let him go. I'm sorry, but you can't go any further." A doctor told him gravely.

"Just-just help him, please." Stiles said.

Stiles' phone began to ring, and he picked it up, "Hello?" He answered softly, the memories of bringing his dad into the hospital still fresh in his memory like dew on morning grass.

"Stiles, you- you need to get to the hospital as soon as possible." Melissa quivered.

Stiles sniffled quietly, wiping his tired eyes, "I'm already here. My dads, um, my dads a patient." He said, assessing the disinfectant smelling hallway, his nose scrunching in disgust at the unlikable smell

Melissa gasped quietly, "Oh, Stiles.. I'm sorry, honey."

Stiles wanted to say it was okay, that everything would be fine.

"What's going on?" He rasped, rubbing his eyes roughly.

But he just couldn't.

Melissa coughed, "You know, you seem to have too much on your plate right now." She deflected, delaying the inevitable.

Stiles stood from the uncomfortable hospital chairs in front of his dad's room, his pulse jumping, "Melissa." He said, "What's wrong?"

He could hear it in her voice, the hollow tone that had been doused with despair and sadness. He had heard that tone from many different people before, many different times.

He hated that tone, because he knew that it meant something bad had happened, it always did. The only thing that crossed his mind was Katherine and her safety, and he suddenly couldn't breathe as he waited for Melissa's voice.

Melissa paused, an eerie buzz sounding through the phone before she finally spoke, "It's Katherine."

No.

**

"Where is she? Where is she?!" Stiles cried, pushing against Melissa's hold.

"Stiles-"

"I want to see her! I want to see Katherine!" He demanded, struggling against Melissa, "Is she in here?" He asked, looking towards the room next to him.

The surrounding nurses, doctors, patients, and visitors all turned their attention towards the tired boy as he fought against Melissa's grip. They gave him pitiful looks as his face turned red with the oncoming tears.

"Stiles, you need to know something-" Melissa started.

He shook his head, pulling away from Melissa's grip, barging into the closed door of room 107; Katherine's room.

His whiskey colored eyes narrowed sadly and the tears in them began to spill as he looked at his girlfriend, "Oh, no." He whispered, walking to her, and kneeling at her bedside, "No, no, no." He repeated angrily.

Stiles grabbed her cold hand, using it as his anchor to what was real.