Chapter 2

Flashback.

Play = 🎶🎶

Chapter 2

Malia slowly stood from her spot in her den where she had been sitting for the past few hours, not wanting to move a muscle.

She groaned as she stretched, the popping of her bones making her sigh as she felt her body relax and become less tense.

She felt her back pocket vibrate, and she pulled out her phone, "What?"

Stiles didn't know what to say, or how to say what he needed to say, and Malia sighed impatiently, "Did you call for a reason, or to just be annoying?"

She slowly walked to the car Lydia had let her borrow, smoothly slipping into the drivers side as Stiles finally spoke.

"Malia, there's something you need to know." He said sadly.

Malia's once relaxed body tightened, "What? What's going on?"

A weird croak left his mouth, and Stiles whimpered ever so slightly, his voice low and sad, "I-it's Katherine." He spoke.

Pure fear rippled through the were-coyote's body, something she was unaccustomed to, "Stiles, what happened?"

"Theo. That's what happened." He spat, sniffling.

Malia started the engine to her car, "Where is she?"

"Malia, she's in the hospital... And it's bad." He whispered.

** 🎶🎶

Malia slammed on the brakes, not bothering to check her parking as she stomped into the ICU, seeing Melissa waiting for another visitor of Katherine's.

"Room 107." She told her, and Malia made no move of recognition, focusing only on the girl she failed to protect. Again.

A storm of thoughts ricocheted through Malia's head.

Is she gonna be okay? Is she dying? Why isn't she healing? When do we get to kill Theo Raeken?

104, 105, 106...

"Room 107." Malia breathed, opening the heavy door to Katherine's room.

Malia's heart dropped to her stomach at the sight of her Alpha-her best friend laying in her hospital bed, pale, dull..

Lifeless.

Stiles didn't bother looking up, keeping Katherine's hand in his, fearing the thought of ever letting go of her.

"Get out." Malia whispered, her voice brokenly strained.

Stiles shook his head, "I can't just leave her-"

"Yes, you can. Get. Out." Malia growled, not taking a moment to give him the benefit of the doubt.

All she cared about was Katherine McCall.

Stiles let out a shaky breath, his fingers twitching as he unlocked them from Katherine's, his hand began to shake erratically as he pulled away from her, "Okay." He whispered hollowly.

Stiles slowly walked away from Katherine, lightly placing his hand on the door handle, "I'm coming back." He said.

"I don't care." Malia said sharply.

"Well, then it's a good thing I wasn't talking to you, now isn't it?" Stiles snapped, jerking the door open, and roughly slamming it shut as he left.