Chapter 21

I totally forgot today was Friday!!

So sorry, everyone. 😂

Chapter 21

I bit my lip in fear as I sprinted off of the field, trying to catch Scott or Stiles' scent. I ripped my helmet from my head, throwing it to the ground as I ran a shaking hand through the flyaway hairs of my ponytail as I tried to devise a plan to stay alive.

"Help! Somebody help me!" A girl cried.

I ran into the school, the one place anyone should have known not to go into because of how easy it would be to be cornered; trapped.

"Please! Somebody help!"

I pumped my legs faster, willing myself to find the girl, to try and keep her alive. I flinched as the beast roared from around the school, but the echo of his roar stopped me from knowing just how close he could be. I finally found the girl, stumbling back into the lockers across the hall. Her eyes met mine and they widened in fear, "Please, help me!"

I lunged forward to help her, but before I could reach her, her head had already landed at my feet. I let out a terrified and mournful scream as I stared at her opened eyes, feeling like they were asking me why I hadn't been there sooner. I slowly looked up at the sound of ragged breathing, seeing none other than la bête; the beast. I took no time turning on my heel, sprinting away from the monster wolf.

I heard the thing roar in anger, it's bounding footsteps behind me as it soon caught up with my small strides. I turned my head to look back at it, when it struck me across my face, pushing me off of my feet. The momentum I had created caught up with me as it shoved me down the halls, pushing myself into a neighboring wall, grabbing my head in pain as a sudden throbbing pain bounced off the walls of my skull. My hair tie snapped as I pulled at my hair.

I gulped, wincing as I tried to pull myself up from the floor; I wasn't about to die lying down

"Come on." I heard myself whisper unconsciously; the thing stared at me, waiting for an attack, "Come on!" I screamed.

The beast made no move of hesitation as it lunged for me, and neither did I as I jumped for it, slashing and tearing at any limb, piece of flesh, or bone, I could reach. I grunted as it threw me to the ground, feeling myself hitting my head on the linoleum floor.

I whimpered in pain, and heard the sound of scattering feet, "Katherine?! Oh my God! Are you okay?" Scott scrambled to get over to me as I lay on my back in pain.

I groaned, slowly sitting up, "What the hell?! You just pushed me down the hill, you ass!"

Scott let out a relieved sigh, helping me stand to my feet, "You're okay though, right?"