Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"They called him Der Soldat." Theo said as we walked into an eerie and extremely health violating room, "It's German for 'The Soldier'. Pretty sure he fought in World War II."

The four of us stared at the floating body in one of the liquid filled tanks in front of us, and I couldn't help but feel like the thing was ready to strike at any moment. It's body leaning threateningly against the glass, almost like he was ready to pounce if the time were to come.

"He was a Nazi." I stated.

Nazi werewolves. Why not?

"And an Alpha werewolf." Theo added, "The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives, they've been doing it for decades. Actually, probably longer."

I feel like I should be surprised; but I'm really not.

"How old are these guys?" Liam asked aloud.

Seriously, though.

"Who knows." Theo told him, "But wherever they go, he goes too."

"So how do we find him?" Liam asked.

"Keeping him alive requires a pretty unique set of conditions. It has to be a power source. And it had to be underground and-" He went on.

"On a telluric current." Scott cut him off, handing him the map.

Theo smirked, opening the map to look at the location, "Looks like we're going on a hike." He said.

I sighed, "Just how I wanted to spend my afternoon; ruining my leather boots."

**

"I can't stand being locked in this supernatural cage." Malia huffed, "I should be out there with you."

"The mountain ash is there to keep you safe." I told her, wincing as my boots sank deeper into the slick mud, "Aw, man."

"I should be keeping you and Stiles safe." Malia sighed, and I heard her scuff her foot as I listened through the phone.

I guess he grew on her

I paused and checked a text from Lydia, seeing a video of Stiles running into one of the walls in the police department, rubbing his nose in pain as he glared at the wall angrily.