I Owed The Vampire Prince. [28]

Lucas parents and the werewolves were all downstairs talking some more. Edric took Romy to her bedroom. Lucas was in his room changing into some else before he left. I was helping Lucas change into something to fit in time.

He was wearing normal black jeans and a black beater. I couldn't help but look at his muscles on his arms. He didn't seem to know I was staring.

"Over in one those dresser," Lucas said as he pointing at an old painted chipped dresser draws, "There some brass knuckles and gauzes wraps in there, go get them", he said.

I just nodded my head and walked over to it. I pulled the draws out and saw that there were two brass knuckles. I grabbed them and the black gauze wraps and walked over to him.

He took them, without saying thank, which I knew he wouldn't say. He put both brass knuckles on and started to wrap his hand with the , leaving his thumb unwrapped, than did the same to his other hand. As he began to wrap his hand, I spoke, "How are you going to find them?", I asked.

He didn't look at me as he spoke, "The werewolves are better are finding people by their scent, it is going to hard to find them, but we'll be able to.", he said.

"I wanna help.", I said.

He hesitated for a second, than spoke "No.", he said.

"Kayla my best friend, I wanna hel-"

"No.", he said again. He walked over to his bed, pulling up his blanket and slipped his hand in the middle of the two mattress and pulled out a gun and a box of bullets.

He began to walked over to the bedroom door, but spoke I again, "Lucas, please. It's cause of me why Emma took her.", I said, feeling my eyes tear up, but I didn't want them to slip out, so I blinked them back. It was true, it is cause of me and I feel so horrible.

Lucas stopped and walked back over to me. "I'm sorry, but there's no way my parents are going to let you come. Even, none of us will be able to protect you. I wont be able to protect you. You have to stay.",

"I don't need to be protected-",

"You're a human, their vampires. Do you know what that mean, they can easily kill you with one hit.", he said.

I felt a tear go out my right eye, but I quickly wiped it away, "I can't just stay here, knowing Kayla could be hurt.",

"She'll be fine.", he said, turning around, but I grabbed his arm to pulled him to look at me.

"Please.", I said, looking up at his eyes. Without warning, his hands wrapped around my neck and he kissed me. Just wanting to held a little longer, I pressed myself closer to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

It only lasted a few seconds as he pulled away, "I'll bring her back un-harm.", he said, walking over to the door and turned around, "I promise.", he said before he was gone.

I stood in the same spot and I brought my hands to my lips. He kissed me. Does that mean he cares about me? Or he just wanted to kiss me?

I walked over to his bed and sat on it. I didn't realized more tears were coming down my face when a tear drop landed on my hand. I tired to stop crying, I hate being emotional. First everyone got kidnap, then Kayla, now I'm confused about Lucas.

I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes, hoping I'll fall asleep and when I wake up, Lucas will be back with everyone and with Kayla. I wanted to see her so much, I missed her. I missed my parents too. I began to cry more; thinking of my parents.

I moved myself so I would be laying on my side. After a few minute, I began to fall asleep.

A few hours later...