Chapter 8

Kira

A couple day's have passed since I agreed to give Alex a chance to show me that he is sorry for what he said and did, and also that he really did love me. It was actually like a dream, he was perfect.

Just as he used to be before he had said those awful things to me. Before, he had thrown me to the side, like I was nothing more than trash. I quickly shook the memories away, I wasn't naïve enough to think that I would simply forget what happened, and thankfully neither was Alex. We'd spent a great amount of time the day after talking about it, explaining better what we both felt.

He had even taken me on a date, but after I kept getting stares and heard everyone whispering about me I had asked Alex to just take me home. He was obviously confused, and I didn't explain. I don't know why I was letting everyone get to me, I'd never cared before what anyone thought of me and I don't know what changed? I was confused, but after my father had explained to me, after I had pestered him for the millionth time, what happened after Alex had stripped me of my title I understood. My emotions were high, things that normally wouldn't bother me seemed to be more than they were. I was afraid when he said that I would be shifting any day. I wasn't fond of being in pain, and shifting was not only painful but dangerous. I would be vulnerable the entire time.

I was suddenly happy that I decided to let Alex back in, because I knew that he would be there for me during my shift and I knew he wouldn't let anyone or anything hurt me during my weakened time. I looked out my window, the sun was shinning brightly and I sighed. I knew I couldn't hide in my house forever, even though that was really all I wanted to do. I turned away from the window and changed into my running outfit. I could at least go for a run. Since the night of the ceremony I haven't been running, I stayed inside like a hermit and I couldn't do it anymore. I felt a unexplainable need to run, and I blamed it on being cooped up in the house, and being stressed. After I got dressed, I jogged down the stairs and smiled when I seen my mother snuggling into my fathers side. It was always nice to see them all lovey with each other, even though I always had a smart comment about it.

The moment I stopped, my father looked over at me. "What are you doing?" He asked curious.

"I'm going to go for a run. I'll be back later, alright?" I could see the confliction in my father's eyes. Ever since I basically went crazy that night, he's been nervous about letting me out of his sight but I needed to go for a run.

"Alright, just be careful. Link me if you need me." He said sternly.

I nodded and walked out of my house and to the running trail. I missed Alex. He had to leave this morning for some sort of Alpha job, and had left my father and Alp- Blayne in charge while he was away. It was still weird for me to think of Alex as Alpha and Blayne as just Blayne. Of course, he would never be 'just' Blayne. To me, he was always going to be Alpha- even though I knew he wouldn't be running the pack like before. I began to jog, speeding up over time as I went along the trail. My mind was all over Alex, and the possibility of me being Luna. It was a strange thought, I knew Alex was going to be Alpha one day, but I never took into consideration that with him being Alpha, as his mate I would be Luna. It was just weird, and hard to wrap my mind around.

I slowed down, and rubbed my arms as they suddenly began to ache along with my knee's and pretty much every other joint in my body. I shook my head, and began to run again blaming the ache on not exercising in the past couple days. I couldn't explain the feeling that came over me, but I just knew something wasn't right. I felt- odd in my own skin. I felt irritated, it was frustrating and I stopped on the trail simply pacing back and forth. I gasped as a sharp pain shot up my back, but breathed through it. "What the hell?" I muttered, my skin felt warm and I could feel the sweat beading down my forehead. I turned around, deciding it was time to head back but suddenly felt to the ground as an unbearable pain raked my body. My muscles tensed, and I the pain got so bad that I screamed through the 'contraction' like pain. It came and then it would go, but the following time it came back it stuck around. I was having trouble thinking about or concentrating on anything else besides the pain. I tried multiple times to link my father but it never worked.

I knew that if I wasn't in so much pain, I'd be laughing at what I most likely looked like. I was flopping around on the ground, groaning, screaming, and whimpering in pain. I didn't know at that moment what was happening but I felt like I was dying. My ears twitched as I heard someone, and I called out hoping that was what I actually did. I wasn't sure.

I opened my eyes, but my eye sight was fuzzy and I couldn't really tell who was there before I blacked out.