Chapter 10

Alex's P.O.V

What I saw caused me to stop in my tracks, and stare. It was me! Well not me, but a copy, of me. A.....a clone...I walked past her not making eye contact. I growled softly after I had passed her. I know she didn't recognize me because of the helmet, but it still gave me the chills. I decided to follow her. 

I acted as if I was on patrol, and moved with the crowd with a hint of authority. She didn't seem to notice, and following 'me' was enough to make any other person crazy. I followed her to an ally. I waited, then walked into the ally.

But no one was there. I looked around. Up and down. Right and left. Nothing. Then I was tackled to the ground. I gasped as the breath was knocked from my lungs. I struggled to get whoever was on my back off.No one is sight

Then that person got off. I stood, but I was completely alone. No one in sight. I walked to the compound and sat in the lounge. "You ok?" I looked up to see another trooper. I took off my helmet. "Yeah, I guess."

She nodded. I left and was called on a mission. We left and were to help make a fence in town. When we got back, I fell on my bunk, and sighed into my pillow. I was not wanting to live a life of murder after murder. I wanted a normal life.

But that seemed impossible. For now though. Next morning, I woke up early and went to the control room. I switched off the master power switch. Everything went dark. Chaos broke out. I quickly found Raven and told her to get out of here.

"No! I'm not leaving you!" Just then Duke and the gang burst in, attacking. They mistook me and shot at me. I ripped off my helmet. "Guys!!" Kylah ran and hugged me. "A-Alex..." I held her tight. "Kylah, I'm here. Its ok."  She broke down in my arms. "Alex!" Jess yelled. 

"We need to get out of here!" Tony shouted. "No."  I said prying Kylah from myself. "I'm staying and destroying the place. You guys get out of here." Raven shook my shoulder. "No your not!" I pushed her to Duke. "Take care of her." "Alex, no!" Kylah reached out, as Tony held her back. I looked backk at them. "And Duke? Tell.....Tell Raph I love him. And I'm sorry."

With that, I ran off. Reaching the computer room, I started setting the whole base to self destruct. I worked and worked until I was to one encryption down. Then Pain shot throughout my back and spread all over my body.

"Not leaving the party so soon are you?" The voice of my own, was chilling. I turned to see Will, Viper Commander, and my lookalike. "N-no.." My clone shot me again. This time in the shoulder. I screamed in pain.

The computer blinked, my heartbeat was the only I heard. Then as I slid to the floor. I saw the face of everyone I loved. Raph, Kylah, Leo, Jessica, Mikey, Duke, Tony, Splinter, April, ,Donnie, Casey, Raven. They all looked at me with sadness. I growled, and struggled up.

Will shot me again and again. But I finished the last encryption, and the computer voice anounced: "Self destruct in...one minute." I fell to the floor, finished. "Looks like you'll never see your family again." VC mocked. I just grinned, despite the pain, and blood. "At least I'll die knowing they are all safe." 

"T minus 10 seconds." I sighed, satisfied. Leaning my head on the desk, I reflected on my life. "5 seconds" I reached into my jacket, and pulled out my dog tags. "I am finally understanding what it means to be a hero, Jack." I whispered between the blood that seeped through my lips.

"3 seconds." I gritted my teeth and waited for the end. "1 second." 

Duke's P.O.V

I got everyone to the jet I had stolen from Viper. We took off just as half the country exploded. I closed my eyes, and sobbed. I looked up. The new girl, Raven, Was holding back tears. Kylah broke down. Jess sniffed from the cockpit.

Tony looked a the floor. I lost her. Alex was gone. And It was all my fault. We flew to New York, and Landed on a roof. Leaving the plane there, I led the team slowly to the lair. The turtles ran up. "Kylah! Jess!" Leo shouted hugging them.

"Tony!" Don smiled. "Duke!" Raph shouted, running up. Everyone smiled and hugged. "Wait!" Raph said his voice cracking a bit. "Wh-where is Alex?" I sighed sadly. "Sh-she stayed behind and destroyed Viper, saving us all."

Raph's eyes teared up. "N-no.....Alex...is...gone?" He dropped to the floor and broke down in a fit of sobs. Splinter tried comforting him, but he was broken. All the comfort in the world wouldn't heal his bleeding heart. Alex was gone. And We would never forget her. Never.

Weeks past. Everything seemed back to normal. Raven fit in. She seemed to comfort Raph a little. But the turtle would mourn over Alex for a long time. I sat in on the roof and sighed. We would never get over Alex's death.

Raph's P.O.V

Alex was gone. Gone. I never thought I would cry this much, But I did. I missed Alex to death. Every time I lay in bed, I would imagine her next to me, snuggling close. Her smell of smoke, and a forest. I wanted her back more then anything. 

I would give anything to have her back. Anything....

And there you have it! The 10th chapter in the book. Don't worry. The story is not over. I know its a sad chapter but Its not over. I promise. :)