Chapter 14

No one's P.O.V

Jack knelt at the stream, and washed his blood smeared face. His mind whirred. That girl  had called him her brother. She had called him Jack. She hadn't fought back, and he had been about to kill her?! It put his mind to work. It made no sense to him. He was........ Who was he? What was he? It was making his head hurt.

Leaning back on a tree trunk, he thought. A lost memory tried to ring in, but he ignored it. It came faded and blurry in his mind. A young girl running to her brother. "Jack, your home!" She cried, hugging him. He smiled and hugged back. "Yeah, I'm home Alex." 

Shaking the vivid memory from his mind, the young man growled softly. "Why is this so confusing?!" He banged his head against the trunk, earning a headache. "H-Hey..." A voice startled him. Looking up he saw the same girl! She was wearing a forest camo jacket, and grey pants. Looking away, he growled.

"What are you doing here?" She leaned on the tree. "Looking for you." She answered plainly. "Why? I almost killed you." She shrugged. "I get that a lot. Trust me." He chuckled a little. She sat beside him. "You ok?" He looked at the stream. "I just don't know what's wrong with me.... You call me...Jack. And I don't even know my own name!" 

She nodded understandingly. "I know what that's like." She remarked quietly. "You do?" She nodded and ran a hand through her hair. Then she told him everything. From the day she found out she was a clone, to the day he 'died'. "Wow." Jack said. She nodded. "So...So I really am your brother?"

Alex nodded. "That's why I didn't fight back. I wasn't afraid of losing. I-I was afraid of winning." Jack swallowed hard as it began to all come back to him slowly. "See this?" She pulled a Dog tag chain from her under her jacket. "You gave this to me." He looked at it for a good long while. But nothing came back to him.

Then it all left him. "I-I don't remember anything......" he said softly. She looked crushed. "Oh....." He sighed. "Yes." the tension between them seemed to grow. Then her phone rang and both of them blew out breaths they didn't know they were holding. "Hey. No, I'm not......Ok, but-.......Raph I'm ok calm down!" She sighed. "Ok, Fine. I'm on my way." 

Alex hung up and tried to smile at her lost brother. He tried to smile back. "I have to go, but......If you need anything," She put a peace of paper in his hand. "Call me." She smiled and got up. He nodded. "Ok....I will." He managed a small smile. 

Alex waved and ran off. Surprise hit him like a brick. She had super speed?! A lone memory came back. Him chasing her around....the sewers? With a sigh, Jack got up and started to walk. He wanted to re-earn his memories. But how would that be possible?