Chapter 11

A few moments later, we went to the hotel restaurant. We sat down at one of the tables and ordered drinks. Then we went to the food selection at the buffet. At the table, we ate the excellent food. During the food, I looked time and again at Don, and he returned my gaze. Don took the napkin and wiped my cheek, as a little sauce was sticking to it. I blushed a little as he tenderly wiped off the spot. He kissed my cheek softly. Suddenly I felt goose bumps when he kissed my cheek. He looked deep into my eyes. Then he leaned toward me over the table, and gave me a gentle kiss.
After dinner, we went to the bar of the hotel, and tried to find a quiet place there. We asked for a bottle of wine and enjoyed the evening. A little later, a band started playing, and we went to dance. Don took me by the hand and we walked to the dance floor and started dancing. We took some dance steps, and had great fun. After a few songs, we took a break, and I took a big gulp from my glass. I left, somewhat exhausted, and went back to the chair. Don laughed as I fell back and sat down next to me. Me: "I am no longer that young, darling." Don: "I'm sorry...how can I make up for it?" Me: "I can't be particularly well here. Are you comfortable with the idea of a walk on the beach?" Don: "That's a wonderful idea, darling." He stood up and took my hand tenderly in his. He helped me up and led me out. We strolled, holding hands, on the beach. I pulled off my heels and put them in his hand.
I leaned against Don as we walked along the beach in the moonlight. The moon was reflected in the sea. It was so bright that it dazzled us some, but it was just so beautiful and romantic. I looked at Don as we walked there.
After a while, we sat down on a rock. It was quite cozy. I climbed the rocks and dragged Don to myself. He stumbled a bit; I grinned slightly. He looked straight at me and shook his head, then put his arm around my waist and leaned against me. I ran my fingers through his curly hair and kissed his head softly. We enjoyed the evening moonlight on the sea. We listened to the sound of the sea. After a few hours, we went back to the hotel, and collapsed, exhausted, into bed. We cuddled a bit till we fell asleep, arm in arm. The next morning, we were woken up by the sun, as we had forgotten to draw the curtains. When I felt the sun on my face in my sleep, I hid myself in the blanket. Don woke up and opened the quilt gently and gave me a kiss on the forehead. He just smiled at me, wearily. We spent three delightful weeks in Hawaii.
We arrived in New York late in the night. I looked delightedly at Don when we reached home, and realized how brown he had become in these three weeks. Despite the late hour, I treated myself to a shower after the long flight. Don, however, went straight to bed. He was asleep at once, even before I got out of the shower. I put on my nightgown and lay down next to him in bed, where I fell asleep quickly. We slept till about 10am the next day. Don woke up before me. He went to the shower and then came out, wrapped only in a towel, into the bedroom. I woke up slowly.
I looked around the room, tired, and saw Don in his towel. I grinned when I saw him and murmured: "Good morning, my hero."
I stood up and pulled my robe on. I walked slowly, a little tired, into the kitchen, and made ourselves a little breakfast. I brought it out on a small table to the terrace and arranged everything nicely.
A few moments later, Don came in. I was looking at something, as I was still making my preparations. He walked up to me and gave me a gentle kiss, as he does every morning, on my cheek. I smiled sweetly and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I could still taste the flavor of his aftershave. I grinned and licked my lips: "Mm, is it a new aftershave, darling?" Don: "Yes, it is. You pick up everything at once!"