Chapter 12

A few moments later, we were sharing our breakfast on our terrace, with a marvelous view of Manhattan and the sunrise. I looked at Don as I drank a tiny sip from my cup. He brushed a strand of hair from my face, and it felt as if it a slight summer breeze had blown across my face. I grabbed his hand as he caressed me tenderly on my face. I came close to him and leaned gently on Don's muscular shoulders. Don put his arm around me and he looked deep into my eyes with love. We enjoyed the morning and the overwhelming sunrise, and I snuggled up to Don and took his hand in mine. We lingered a while, relaxing on the terrace, until we were interrupted by a ringing noise. I looked quickly to where it was coming from, and got up and went to the sideboard in the living room. I looked at the phone and saw it was a message from Dana. I was glad to read that he was well again, and at home with his loved ones. I at once wrote back to him: "We are well, and have landed home again. I hope you were not in hospital for too long." Dana immediately wrote back: "Hi, my dear sister, no, I was not there for too long. A mere few days, and I could return home." I put the phone aside and went to Don, and told him everything that Dana had written. As always, he listened conscientiously. I snuggled up immediately to him and sighed deeply. He looked straight at me and asked: "Are you okay, sweetie?" Me: "Yes. It's all just fine, I'm just a little tired, that's all. Next week, I again have some dates..." Don: "I know. You want me to go with you?" Me: "You would do that for me. I would be completely happy if you would do that, but today we need to relax, and simply do nothing at all..." I stood up and cleared the table and put everything in the dishwasher. I also quickly did the laundry from our holiday. Don went into the living room and went to read the mail which Harry had brought for us, and sorted out the letters.