Ch 74

A/N: original plot for the story.
Please start reading when video says 'Part 9'.
_______________________
"Natasha! Please come home to me, not to that monster!" James cried out to her. "He doesn't love you, not like I. Like the red you've worn on your dress, your sins will be darker with him; please let me help remove them!"
Natasha wanted to crumble onto the ground and cry, but she couldn't. It was her fault two friends were fighting, and she couldn't choose which one she loved more. Natasha couldn't find her other lover in sight, and slowly made her way to James.
"Wait Natasha! This man is lying to you!" A voice she had often dreamed would come to save her was here, her beloved Steven was here!
"Steve!" her voice rang out in the frosty air, the tension rising.
"You sold yourself to the night and look what happened! You fell in love with another individual, and he left you. Now he has come back to fight." James sneered at Steven, who narrowed his eyes.
Natasha swerved her head to look at James, who she saw holding out a knife.
"I cannot deny what my heart feels, and I will not run this time. I love you Natasha, and I will not fight my best friend for your affections," Steve sighed, and looking up at her, the blond saw tears brimming in her emerald eyes.
"Don't weep for the fool! Where is my brave Natasha! The one I fell in love with? The one I will kill my best friend for!" James sharpened the knife with a rock, the sparks flying off the blade like stars.
"Jealousy, anger, revenge, betrayal, look what these things have done to you James!" Natasha wept, the tears almost falling down her face. "I cannot love a man who acts like this!"
James paid not attention to her, only stepping forward towards Steve.
"Bucky," Steve asked quietly,"are you sure?"
"I am damn sure Rogers!"
Steve turned his head to look at Natasha, who was clutching the white flower in her hair given to her by Steve. "I'm doing this for Natasha, as I do not want her to be in pain for any longer." Steve closed his eyes and turned his head back to James, who rushed at him with the knife.
"Steve! No!"
Natasha, still clutching the flower, sprinted towards Steve, hoping to stop James. The rush of fear prevented any thought process, and Natasha leaped in front of the knife about to bury itself into Steve.
The knife connected to her stomach, and the warm, pulsing feel of blood overwhelmed her as she collided with the ground.
Steve opened his eyes as he felt no wound, and they came connected to a dying Natasha, who was moaning with agony. The white flower was next to her, becoming a stained red color as the blood seeped into it. The petals sinking with every breath Natasha took.
Steve looked around for James, but he had disappeared, so he turned his attention back to Natasha.
"I need a doctor! Please some one help!"
Picking her up, Steve ripped off a piece of his clothing to use as a makeshift bandage.
The village Doctor, a brown haired man named Bruce, rushed out of his house, his eyes widening at the sight of the dying Natasha.
"Please, let me help her sir, I promise she will come out okay." Bruce calmly said to Steve, though the blond could detect a hint of uncertainty in his voice.
"Please take care of her. I did not return to this hellhole to see my love die in my arms."
__________________________
A/N: so originally, When You Awoke, was going to be about Bucky and Steve fighting over Natasha(as you can tell by the song and the story), and it was based off the song,'El Tango Roxanne'(sorry it has cats in the picture, it was the only good quality video I could find of it). Steve was the brown cat, the one who is uncertain and scared, who loves Natasha with all his heart, while Bucky was the gray angry one. I scrapped this idea at the time because I didn't know how to write it. I think eventually I might return to this plot as a new story, but not anytime soon.

Happy Reading!
~ ʄօʀɛʋɛʀ ʀɛɖաɨռɖ