Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Lucy's (POV) I picked up my keys from the floor. So that's what I stepped on. I met Natsu downstairs, but I was still a bit flustered. "Where's Happy?" I ask Him. "He went with Wendy and Carla on a mission." He responded. Then the silence began. This is so awkward. "Well, let's get going." He said walking in front of me. I hated this...this distance. Why is it like this. I didn't think anything like what just now happened ever effected him. We continued until we boarded the train, leading out of Magnolia. We sat in silence side by side for a while, until his motion sickness came into affect. "Here, Natsu I said." Putting his head on my shoulder. "Just rest." I said. Not thinking I was doing anything wrong, I saw his cheeks get red. He didn't say anything, instead he just laid there in silence. The train stopped and me and Natsu got out. "Tell me Natsu, exactly what kind of mission is this?" I asked, looking at the castle lined with guards. "Depends...would you still do it if I told you I snuck up to the second floor and stole it from the S class board?" He questioned. I smiled. "Natsu you already deserve to be S class. You could do this by yourself."He smirked. "But it's like you say, it's always more fun when we are together." I smiled and ran behind him straight into battle. You might say that I'm usually not the type to do this, but I'm so used to stuff like this. It's like a second nature to me now. Hours later me and Natsu are laying down in an open field just outside the castle walls. "Wow, I almost had to use up half of my power on those guys." He said acting like half was something to be ashamed of. "Natsu, you seem to never run out of power, you idiot." I say still breathing hard from the smoke inhalation. "You ok Lucy?" He asked coming closer to me. His shirt was torn to shreds, he might as well not have been wearing one at all. The more closer he got, the more I realized he was a man. He's already 20. Next year he can drink legally, well not like fairy tail believes in that law, but still. Natsu had broad shoulders, and his muscles ^/////^. He got so close I could feel his hot breath against my neck. He put his hand to my head. "I think you might be running a fever Lucy." He said. I wouldn't dare tell him, but it was probably because of him. I was fine just a second ago. "I'll be alright" I said and quickly stood up. My head seemed like it was spinning, and I stumbled backwards. "Agh!" I screamed as I fell backwards off a cliff. Was this thing always there? "Lucy!" Natsu yelled grabbing my waist and falling over with me. We hit the bottom and my eyes got so heavy I didn't know if I was seeing things, but Natsu keep getting closer and closer. I think he just kissed me, but I not quit sure. I felt strong arm wrap around me as he carried me. Something that I know I felt was my heart beat skyrocket. If that wasn't a kiss a few moments ago, then why was my heart beating so fast. I tried opening my eyes to see Natsu looking down at me. "Let's talk later, ok?" He said as my eyes got heavier and i fainted.