Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Lucy's (POV) "I'm leaving this child here with you. Besides, he won't take up too much of your time. He won't be around much longer." Zeref said and turned to walk away. "Get back here! What right do you have to treat children and me like this? Your not my master. The you go about telling lies about Natsu. Who do you think you are?" I said not believing I just said all that to him. A sinister grin appeared on his face. He turned back around. "My dear, I will look over your language for a bit, but keep up the smart mouth and I might give you the same punishment as him. Besides, the things I told you about Natsu are all true. The monster END ring a bell? He's the being that is going to take over the world, me by his side. That man is no other than your beloved Natsu Dragneel. My...younger brother." He said. My eyes widened and tears rolled down my cheeks. "You don't have to believe me, but soon, you won't have a choice." He added and slammed the door behind him. I almost forgot that the young boy was still there. I wanted to put on a brave face in front of him, so I tried wiping my tears on my shoulders. My hand and legs where stills in chains. The next thing I knew, I felt a very gentle touch wiping my tear stained face. I looked up to see the child bending down. He couldn't have been no older than 6 but looked like someone the same age as Wendy. "Thanks." I said with a fake smile. He smiled back. "You don't have to be brave in front of me miss." He said and raised back up. Who in their right mind would treat a child this way. The boy had bruises all down his arms and legs. His body had numerous scars for someone so young and new to the world. He had blonde hair and brown eyes. I tried starting a conversation with him. "Why are you here? What could you possibly have done to upset Zeref?" I questioned. "I tried poisoning his guard dogs around the tower. He took me in a year ago, right after my mom and dad died. Of coarse he was the reason behind it. He cursed my dad and I watched as the darkness consumed my father and the puppet my mother had become. He eventually had my own father kill his wife. He caught me a few days ago. However, I had been doing it for a little bit now secretly. They will be gone in a matter of days I'm hoping. I felt a sudden urge to hug this young child. A bit or energy poured through my body and I was able to break one of my chains that held my right hand. I reached up and embraced him. Even though he seemed so tough, tears didn't stop for quite some time. "You remind me of my mother." He said with a smile. "How do?" I asked. "Your smile. It's the same as hers." He said and pulled my arms away. "Please don't get to attached to me. I'll cause you nothing but pain and sorrow until I have to leave this world as well." He said in a painful voice. "I won't let them do anything to you!" I screamed. I wish then I would not have made such a promise that I would never get to keep. Natsus (POV) where to start looking. Where could he have taken her? Dang it, there is no buildings for miles. It's nothing but open fields. If this wasn't such a sucky situation, maybe I would have challenged Acnologia and won. I can think about that right now, I'm focused on finding Lucy. As soon as I got her, I lost her. Maybe this is fate telling me to back off. I thought for a moment. Nahhh! When have I ever listened to fate? I asked myself and began searching the land. I wish hapoy was her to help...