Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Lucy's (POV) I really think me and Natsu need to speak some more before it starts. I reach to grab his arm, but the master announces that the trials begin now. "All of the guild competitors, please step outside" the master announces and 1 after the other head out. Mirijane is standing outside already in her Most powerful outfit, Erza tequila into hers as well. "The first trial begins now. Notice we evacuated everyone in the city especially for this day. No one to hide behind. To pass this first trial, you must avoid Miri and Erza at all costs. If they catch you, came over." Macarov says and give us 1 hour exactly to run through the city before he releases Mira and Erza. We cannot leave the harbor however. I want to talk to Natsu, but him and gray are already running down the hill. Wendy waves and heads the opposite way. I turn to run uphill instead. My legs are so tired and I know by now we only have probably 20 minutes left before they come after us. I notice magnolia has added many new buildings to it. Maybe Mira and Erza won't check there. I sneak into the closest one to the right. It's tall with many floors. I set down in a chair for a moment and begin to think. If I am calculating correctly, Mira will be the one taking the ones uphill and Erza will go down. For some reason I believe Mira will have a tougher time finding me than Erza, because Erza knows me like a book. She's been on countless missions with me and the rest of team Natsu, but Mira is also very quick to think in her form now. If ini run into Mira I plan to evade her vision radar. I pretty sure she can't see through walls or floorboards or anything, so I'm thinking of hiding there. Wow, I feel like the first guild master coming up with these plans so fast. I quickly get up from my seat. If I'm right they should be leaving any second. I start running through the building, but right before I am able to travel up the first set of stairs, I immediately fall through the floor boards. I tried to hold back my scream as I only let out a faint murmur as I fall to the basement level below. That's weird...there is no sign that the floor broke, as I look up to see a perfectly sealed floor. That's strange. I begin to start thinking about what I should do next. A chill runs up my spine, as I begin feeling a cold aura coming from the door to my left. Should I go in there? I decide to, maybe it's because I was curious, or maybe I thought she wouldn't find me there. Either way it was a bad decision. On the other side of the door I see a dark shadowy figure, standing there. I get closer, trying to make out who it is. My eyes widen and my pulse skyrockets. My whole body goes numb and I start backing up. There's no way...Zeref? The black wizard is sitting down unconscious right before my eyes. Why would he be here? I tried unlocking the door from which I just came through, but it wouldn't budge. From the corner of my eye, I see a gleam of red. I turn to meet Zeref, face to face, right before me. He's standing up. Without a sound he was able to appear right behind me so fast. I knew the feeling as I entered this room was terrifying. "Lucy Heartfilia...I've been expecting you." He said and put a smirk on his face. "Um...I-I need to go I said beating down the door screaming. "No one can hear you dear Lucy." He said. I turned to face him. "What exactly do you want with me?" I ask. He smiled. "All I want is my little brother to come to me...you will be the key to help me get him to come to me alone." He said. "You're little brother? I have no idea who that is!" I scream. "You know him very well actually. Let me give you a hint. Would you like me to tell you my last name Lucy?" He said with a grin. "No, not really." I said. "It's Zeref-Dragneel." He said. "W-what Natsus not your brother. He's your enemy. A fairy tail wizard. He now even in your age range. Your like 400 years old." I said with confidence. "Would you believe me if I told you what's under those bandages of his LucyHeartfilia? Or maybe how he was born?