Chapter 12

Chapter 12. Lucy's (POV) Natsu carried me away from the tower, and we continued walking in silence. "Lucy..." He started to say. "It's okay. Yo don't have to say anything Natsu." I said holding his hand. He stopped and turned around to face me. "No...by being with you, you're faced with a bad situation. What happens when END breaks loose again? What if you can't stop me next time?" He asked getting frustrated. "I'll always be right by your side." I said. My mind went back to Ace. It's best if I don't say anything about him right now. It's up to me to protect the future this time. Then I'll eventually get to see him again...one day. I squeezed Natsu's hand. "There was a nearby town, we walked to and we went inside an apartment building. "It's getting dark, let's stay here for tonight and then return back home tomorrow." He said. I agreed. "Do you have some medical supplies?" Natsu asked the woman at the front desk. "Sure do, I'll let the maid in your floor bring it there." She said and handed Natsu the key. The medical bag was already sitting on the table when we arrived inside. "C'mere, sit down. We need to wash those wounds" Natsu said, grabbing a cloth and bandages. He found the alcohol. "This might sting a little." He said as he dabbed it on my bruises and cuts. "Ekkkkk!" I screamed. He giggled. "What was that. You sounded like a rabbit." He said still laughing. "I am not. It just stung." I said looking away. I asked them to bring extra clothes up, so you might want to take and shower and rest. "I'm going to go get some food downstairs. I'll be back in just a few." He said. "Alright. Thanks Natsu." I said, heading in the bathroom. The shower felt amazing. It had felt like days since I felt hot water beating down on my back. "This is soothing." I said trying to relax. Every time I tried, Ace kept popping up in my head. He lived such a short life. I fell terrible. I got out of the shower and began drying my hair. It was still a little wet so I wrapped it in a towel. I put my clothes on and brushed my teeth. I exited the bathroom to find Natsu stuffing his face. I laughed. "Same old Natsu." I said. "Yeah..for now..." He said frowning. I lifted his head up. ...no matter what happens...I promise to stay by your side Natsu. I'll always be here for you." I said eating the dinner. "Is it to your liking?" He asked. "Yeah, it's delicious." I said considering I hadn't ate all day. "Something wrong Lucy. If you need to tell me something, now is the time." He said my "I'm fine." I responed. I finished eating and began to yawn. "I think I'm going to head to bed..." I said trotting off to my room. "Alright then." Natsu said going to his. I Kaye's down on the comfy bedspread. It had already been 30 minutes and I still couldn't fall asleep. I kept twisting and turning. The air must have kicked on, because I started getting really cold. The bad thing was, the air could only be kicked off if you turn the switch on the floor hallway. I didn't feel like going outside the room. My feet where freezing and my body shivered. I got out from my bed and stepped into the hallway, then cracked open the door slightly to Natsus room. "You awake?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm still up." He said. I walked closer to the bed and got under the covers. "Sorry, I'm freezing." I said shivering. "Wow, is it really that cold?" Natsu said just realizing the temperature had dropped dramatically. He put his arms around me. "You're so warm." I said snuggling up to him. He smiled. "Aren't I always?" He said with confidence. "Yeah, yeah." I said looking over at him. He put his hand through my hair and have me a kiss. I kissed him back. After the short make out, I pulled away embarrassed. I looked away and before I knew it he was on top of me. "Natsu?" I questioned. He starred at me with those dark eyes. He kissed me again, this time his lips trailing down my neck. "N-Natsu. S-stop." I said realizing what he was doing. You could tell he was a little embarrassed because he blushed. "Simply cuddling with you wont make you get warm." He said. My eyes widened. "I know another way I can warm you up." He said getting more and more flustered. I gulped. "I..." I started to say when he forced a kiss on me.