New Girls

“So you wanna grab a bite to eat tonight?” Joe asked Demi as they opened the double doors to the rehearsal space.

“Can’t. I promised your brother I’d help him finish writing a song. Tomorrow?” Demi arched her eyebrow as Joe reached into his pocket to get his phone out.

“Nope, we get into L.A tomorrow for the 2 shows and tomorrow’s the only time the studio’s free. We gotta get in there.” Joe sulked.  Demi sighed and rolled her eyes.

“And then we’re on the road for the next night and then plane on the one after.” Demi uttered.

“But hey after that?” Joe faked happiness thus leading to Demi playfully slapping Joe on the upper arm.

Demi pecked Joe on the lips and went to warm up with the other dancers. Joe walked over to his brothers and sighed loudly as he sat down on the chair in between where Nick and Kevin stood. Nick and Kevin continued tuning their guitars. Joe sighed once again and nudged closer to Nick to get his attention. Joe sighed a third time and Nick and Kevin just looked at each other and shook their heads.

“What’s up Joe?” Kevin gave in and Joe stood up in a huff.

“Me and Demi can never find any time to ourselves anymore!” His face getting read and hot with anger Joe took a sip of Nick’s water. Nick opened his arms in a questionable manor but Joe just set the drink down on the side and ignored Nick’s annoyed nature.

“Dude, you and Demi are never not together and you’ve had plenty of alone time.” Kevin said as he passed Nick a new bottle of water.

“Maybe this is a sign” Kevin mocked as he put one arm around Joe.

“Yeah like actually spending time with his only younger brother on tour playing video games like he promised” Nick interrupted.

“Oh, Nick. I’m sorry man. Erm tonight?” Joe asked but Nick shook his head.

“Tonight I’m writing with Demi. You missed your shot, bro.” Nick said in annoyance. Joe sat down in a slump with his arms crossed.

“Everyone’s busy, I swear!” Joe raised his voice as he took a sip of Kevin’s water.

“I’m not busy.” Kevin said and Joe looked up at him.

“Yeah but I was with you the other night” Joe said as he waved his hand in Kevin’s direction as if to brush off his statement. Kevin scoffed and snatched his water bottle from Joe’s hand.

“And get your own drink!” Kevin stormed off to speak to the rest of the band leaving his two younger brothers alone.

Nick sat in the chair next to Joe and took a swig of water.

“Dude I think those girls are looking at you.” Joe laughed as he pointed into the direction of where Demi and the dancers sat. Nick and Joe waved at the girls to show that they saw them watching and they awkwardly looked away in embarrassment because they got caught.

“Who are they?” Nick questioned as he kept looking at the girls.

“The new dancers. They’re friends with the Italian dancer, Alessa.” Joe smiled at Nick and Nick thought back to a previous conversation him and Joe had.

“Alessa? As in the girl you…” Nick trailed off and Joe nodded.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, but can we focus on the important thing here.” Joe laughed.

“Which is?” Nick got confused when a huge smile spread across Joe’s lips.

“Getting you with one of them.” Joe pointed at the girls and then winked at Nick as he walked off into the direction of the girls. After failing at calling Joe back, Nick hid his face but still tried to see what Joe was saying to the girls. Nick heard an eruption of laughter coming from the opposite ends of the hall where Demi sat. He caught Demi look over at Joe and he saw the mood change in her face from joy to sadness. Nick walked over to Demi and whispered in her ear.