Where are they?

Nick felt something solid come into contact with his head as his hands slammed onto the floor moments before the rest of his body did. He tried to lift his head before seeing black sneakers stand in front of him. Nick tried to struggle up but he found he was too dazed. The only words that mumbled from his mouth as he took a look at the face stood in front of him were,

“You?”

And everything faded to black.

“Nick?!” Demi shouted from her bedroom.

“Did I hear Nick?” Demi asked the strange teenager that still stood at the foot of her bed.

“He’s been taken care of.” The figure replied. “He heard you scream.” He rolled his eyes dramatically and sat on the bed. “You’re such a drama queen.”

“You came at me.” Demi said sternly as she shuffled to the end of her bed and pushed her back against the wall. Demi saw her phone on the pillow next to her and she slowly moved her hand over it to cover it as the boy walked to the door and looked down the hallway. Demi quickly dialled #2 on her speed dial.

“It’s Demi, hold on.” Joe said as he paused the video game. Only he and Kevin were in the room with the door unlocked.

“Hey Dems.” Joe said but all he heard was ruffling.

“So, this wallpaper really reminds me of that blueberry muffin we once had.” Demi said as he hit speaker but muted the volume.

“What?” The man replied to Demi.

“It’s blue. I just, never mind.” Demi shook her head and quickly hung up the phone and put it back where she found it, hoping he wouldn’t notice.

“MUFFIN!” Joe shouted as he put the phone back in his pocket.

“what?” Kevin said as he stood up after Joe did.

“That’s our special word. The word for help. It means she’s in trouble.” Joe quickly replied as he turned off the XBOX.

“Your ‘help word’ is muffin?” Kevin questioned as he stopped Joe at the door.

“It’s not very practical!” Joe replied as he ran down the hallway. Kevin followed at top speed. A soon as the elevator door stopped on Demi’s floor their worried thoughts were interrupted.

“ah, ah, ah.” A different teenage boy said as he wagged his finger in the remaining Jonas Brothers’ faces.

Joe faked right and then turned left and made it passed the boy. Kevin nodded to Joe and Joe pushed the boy into the elevator and Kevin made a quick dash out of the door after he pressed ‘close doors’ and hit every floor button which would cause a break down for sure.

“THAT WAS AWESOME” Kevin yelled with enthusiasm and the brothers just looked at each other.

“Demi!” Joe remembered and he darted down the hallway.

“Wait” Kevin yelled at Joe grinded to a halt. Kevin knocked on Nick’s door but there was no answer.

“He must be sleeping already, come on!” Joe shouted and they reached Demi’s door.

They took in the scene of Demi’s room and their eyes widened and their jaws dropped.

“Well lookey here. I was expecting you.” The boy said as he spread his body across Demi’s bed and leaned his arms back behind his head.

“Where’s Demi?” Joe demanded as he noticed her clothes everywhere and a lamp smashed on the floor in the corner.

“Does this have something to do with what you told me earlier and about that Sean guy?” Kevin asked and Joe nodded his head slowly.