Chain reaction

“One at a time.” Joe stood at the stage doors, checking the wristbands of each individual as they entered the theatre.

Joe had suggested a small benefit concert to save the restaurant. He called Nick, Kevin and the rest of the band and they agreed to it.

The teenage girls squealed as they walked through and noticed Joe was the ‘member of staff’ that would check everyone should be given entry.

“Is this enough money?” Joe asked the manager as he walked and stood next to Joe.

“More than enough! Thank you, thank you guys so much!” The manager beamed.

Joe laughed and smiled as he continued to check the wristbands of everyone.

“Alessa? Skylar? What are all of you girls doing here?” Joe asked as he noticed Alessa and her minions walking through. Joe saw the girls’ wristbands.

“Oh, hey Joe. We just had nothing to do and we love your music, so..” Alessa said with a sweet smile on her face. Joe opened the doors and allowed them to walk through although suspicion rang through his mind.

“Well this place is packed” Joe stated as he walked up to Nick and Demi who were warming up backstage.

“Nice. Is everyone ready?”  Nick asked as he was handed his guitar.

“Good luck” Preston said to Nick as she kissed his cheek.

“What no good luck for me?” Joe joked as he extended his cheek and pointed to the spot on his cheek where Preston kissed Nick.  Demi pushed Joe back and laughed but Joe grabbed Demi’s waist and pulled her in.

Joe started tickling Demi in the stomach and she squealed as she tried to release herself from Joe’s grip. Joe stood behind Demi and wrapped his arms around Demi’s waist and stomach.

“So you guys are official now?” Demi asked as Joe swayed her from side to side. Preston and Nick looked at each other and smiled. Nick had one hand on his guitar and he put the other around Preston’s waist and pulled her closer to him.

“Are you gonna go public?” Joe put on his best James Bond voice and arched his eyebrow.

Nick stuttered, trying to find the right words until Preston interrupted.

“We haven’t decided, yet.”

A crew member yelled “5 MINUTES” to Jonas Brothers but they were too focused on Alessa and her friends walking towards them.

“What are they doing here?” Demi turned to Joe.

“I saw them at the stage doors. They have wristbands and everything. Said they wanted to see the show” Joe replied as he marked their moves. Alessa waved at Preston is a sarcastic and narky way. Preston rolled her eyes and Nick clutched her hand.

Preston looked behind the curtain at the side and she noticed Micki, Aisha and Laura in the audience.

“The girls made it.” Preston told Demi.

“Good. Are you staying in the wings with me?” Demi asked and Preston nodded.

“Hey Kev, when’s Danielle joining the tour?” Kevin hadn’t seen his wife in a few weeks and, with his brothers and their girlfriends, he felt left out.

“Just 3 days” Kevin said enthusiastically.

The brothers walked out behind the curtain, waiting for it to open meanwhile Preston and Demi waited by the side. Alessa looked over to her right and noticed Preston and Demi laughing. A wave of jealousy flooded her as she clicked on that Preston and Nick must be together.  She turned to her group as she demised her plan.