No need to be intimidated

Joe couldn’t stop staring at Demi when she was performing. Joe stood at the wings of stage and watched as Demi danced and sang with the Camp Rock 2 cast.

The opening to ‘Got Dynamite’ echoed throughout the venue and as the crowd’s cheers became more intense and louder, and the energy in the room strengthened, Demi found she was overcome with adrenaline. Every dance step she put her all in to, every body pop she made more vigorous.

Of course all of the sexy moves were for Joe’s benefit as she saw him watching in the wings, only Alessa had a different idea as to who Joe was watching.

Alessa’s position was to stand near the left wing; Where Joe was stood. She started winking and waving and flipping her hair in Joe’s direction. Joe however replied with an awkward wave and continued to stare at Demi. Demi saw what was going on but she wouldn’t give Joe the satisfaction of seeing her jealousy come out.  Joe saw Demi’s jealousy and chuckled every once in a while as he found it alluring.

The next morning Demi woke up in her hotel room and noticed she was allowed a lie in. Demi quickly raced to the shower and got clean and dressed. She had to meet Joe on the beach in 30 minutes and she was only just drying her hair.

Demi walked down the beach and noticed two giant, black cars; paparazzi. Demi sighed as she saw a camera lens poking out of the top of the semi scrolled window. She took off her flip-flops and walked through the sand. Her dainty feet clutched onto the sand as she took each step. Joe was sat with his back to Demi, facing the sea in the distance. Demi walked over and sat on the picnic blanket Joe had set up. She pulled her shades over her eyes as she watched the sun, like Joe was.

“Hello, beautiful.” Joe said as he looked Demi’s flowery, but black, dress up and down. He smiled.

Demi looked down as she smiled and then back into Joe’s eyes. She noticed the tray of fruit that was set out; all of Demi’s favourite berries.

“You know me well, Joseph.” She giggled as she took a strawberry and sank her teeth into the bottom, much like a vampire would someone’s neck. Joe bit his lip and then ate a blueberry.

“Hi, Sorry to bother you” A group of teenage girls with two piece swimwear came up to Joe and Demi with paper, pens and a camera in their hands.

“Can we get your autograph and a picture?” One of the girls’ asked as she brushed her long, brown hair out of her eyes as the wind picked up.

Joe was about to ask if they could pass and get some privacy as Demi and Joe were on a date after all, but Demi interrupted Joe as he began to talk.

“Of course you can.” Demi replied and she stood up and dragged Joe up. They posed for a picture and signed their paper and the girls walked off.

Demi noticed every girl around the beach was staring at Joe and she couldn’t help but compare herself to every one of them. She kept looking around at all the beach bodies and she suddenly felt self-conscious.

“Dems, what’s wrong?” Joe looked concerned as Demi’s mood had dropped.

“It’s just, all these girls. It’s intimidating you know. They’re all gorgeous and—,” Joe shook his head and wouldn’t let Demi continue.

“But you’re the most beautiful girl, here. Okay? None of these girls can even come close to being as beautiful as you are.” Joe said as he touched Demi’s cheeks so she was looking straight at him. Joe felt all the eyes that were fixated on the couple but he lavished in it. He wanted everyone to see that he really did love Demi despite what all of the tabloids were saying.

Demi felt her cheeks get warmer and her eyes get wetter and she knew she was blushing big time. Joe kissed Demi on the lips. Demi pulled away with a smile.

“Have you been eating cheese?” Demi joked.

“What’s wrong with cheese, eh?” Joe moved his face closer to Demi and started breathing on her. Demi grimaced and she stood up and picked up some berries and threw them at Joe.

“Starting this again, are we?” Joe laughed as he grabbed more food and threw it at Demi. Demi picked up a bowl of fruit and ran down the beach towards the water. She stopped at the water’s edge and Joe walked slowly towards her.

The paparazzi’s were lavishing in the photo opportunities and all the fans nearby just watched and laughed.

Joe walked over and stood in front of Demi and pushed her into the water. As Demi fell she grabbed onto Joe’s shirt and tugged him down with her. Joe tried to keep himself up but the tide got him and he fell in. Joe and Demi kept their clothes on and swam out in the sea. Demi put Joe’s head under water and Joe pulled Demi down under with him. They both reached the surface and couldn’t stop laughing. As they walked slowly back to where the picnic was left they found a bunch of seagulls that had taken over.

Joe laughed at them and said “We can buy more baskets,” As the two walked back to the hotel, dripping wet and abandoning the scene.

Demi and Joe walked through the doors at the hotel and the eyes of business people and esteem adults followed their move. They both giggled as they walked back up to Joe’s room. They passed Joe’s Dad who told Joe he had to write a letter to a radio station, thanking them for their support and radio play. Joe nodded and raced Demi up the stairs to his room.

They both walked in and Joe sat down on his black, spinney chair and opened up his laptop to start the letter. He let Demi use his shower first and then when she appeared clean and dressed, he followed.