The Love

“Joe, stop!” Demi giggled as Joe wrapped his arms around Demi’s waist and started to tickle her. Demi’s long, black hair concealed Joe’s face as she started shaking her head, trying to hold in the laugh she knew would make Joe tickle her more. Demi’s small frame was tossed around easily by Joe. His biceps tensed every time he lifted Demi up and placed her back on the bed. Demi’s pale skin shone like a crystal from the chandelier in Joe’s dressing room.

“I hate it when you do that.” Demi poised herself and caught her breath back. Joe’s eyes met Demi’s and he gazed into her deep, hazel eyes entranced in the pool of passion they so often held. She pursed her lips and smiled with a soft blink that seemed to make her eyes shine brighter and even more beautiful.

“What?” Demi smiled as she gave up on the staring contest she seemed to be having with Joe. Joe’s amber eyes squinted as he flipped a curl from his brow. He pulled down his plaid white and red t-shirt. I say his, but it was probably stolen from his brother, Nick.

Joe gave Demi and heartfelt smile, one he’s never given one of his girlfriend’s before.

“I was just thinking” Joe replied as he stared more into the beauty’s eyes before him.

“I’m just so happy you’re on this tour with us” Joe delighted Demi and she smiled down at her crossed legs on Joe’s bed.

“I’m happy, too.” Demi beamed back at Joe.

Joe let out a small laugh and grabbed Demi by the arm and pulled her closer to him. They didn’t break eye contact. Demi bit her lip as she saw the tenderness of Joe’s. Joe noticed her eye line and smiled to himself. He tucked one finger underneath Demi’s chin and lifted up her face, tilting it so their eyes met once again.

“I’m also happy you’re my girlfriend.” Joe whispered into Demi’s ear. He then leaned in and kissed her ruby lips. They embraced each other as their kiss grew more and more passion with every second and within every moment more heat conjured due to their love.

“I’m happy I’m your girlfriend, too.” Demi said as she broke from the kiss. She stood up and fixed her short, hot pink dress. She strapped on her heels that she had kicked off before sitting on Joe’s bed and walked out the door. She stopped at the door way and gave Joe a subtle but cheeky wink, leaving him wanting more.

“You little tease” Joe whispered under his breath as he smiled to himself.

Joe’s phone buzzed from the vibration setting he had set it on so no one would interrupt his time with Demi. Joe looked at the text message he got from his brother Kevin.

Sound check in 10.

Joe expressed his delight by putting his shoes on while humming to ‘Burning Up’ by him and his brothers. Jonas Brothers always held epic sound check parties. The 200 hundred or so fans always enjoyed themselves and Joe always looked forward to the costume him and Kevin would wear. Today was different. Demi was watching this sound check. Usually she’d stay in her dressing room and prepare for the show in the evening with her band, today Demi wanted to see her boyfriend and best friend’s “rock out” as she always said. Being best friends with her boyfriend’s brothers would be weird but Joe and Demi have an unconditioned love. They understand each other and each other’s wants, needs and feelings.

Kevin was tuning his acoustic guitar whilst Nick started hitting his drum set in a familiar beat and rhythm. Demi walked through the pathway and entered the huge arena. She paced down the aisle and waved at Nick and Kevin.

“Sup my brothers?” Demi said in a goofy tone which made Kevin chuckle and Nick blush. Nick stood from his drum set to hug Demi. He embraced her and smelt her very subtle but empowering fragrance. Nick held the hug but let go when Demi started to. Demi walked over and high fived Kevin, it was their way of saying “hey”.

“Where’s Joe?” Kevin asked as he tested the strings on his guitar, making sure they were in tune.

“I’m sure he’s not that far behind me.” Demi said in a playful tone that caused the now equivocal look on Nick and Kevin’s faces, but they just brushed it off.

“Demi.” Joe nodded as he walked into the arena and up to centre stage. Demi giggled at Joe’s welcome.

Nick looked at the loved up twosome and focused on turning his guitar. Kevin walked over to his brother and whispered “I know you love her dude, but you gotta let it go and be happy for Joe.”

“I am happy for Joe.” Nick snapped back. “But I can’t let it go.”