Sean

Sean shuffled his chair closer to Nick. Once he was out of the way of the light the rest of them immediately sprang into action. Nick adjusted his eyes quickly to find he was in some sort of abandoned warehouse with boxes of bubble wrap and broken toys cluttered in them. He looked at Sean’s face and recognised it from the night at the cafe.

“So what do you want to know?” Sean smiled sarcastically.

“What went on with you and Demi?” Nick croaked.

“I was hoping you’d ask.” Sean rubbed his hands together but still held the knife in his hand.

“Demi and I grew up together. I’ve known her since I was 9 and she was 6. We were best friends no doubt. Things changed when she met you and your brothers and became famous. She changed.”

“How did she change?” Nick asked.

“She fell in love with your fucking asshole of a brother!” Sean suddenly belted, startling Nick.

“She fell in love.” Sean repeated quietly to himself.  “I had to make sure Joe would treat her right, even when they weren’t together, I had to make sure. I watched her every waking hour. I would invite myself round her house for dinner, whether Demi would be there or not. I was close to the Lovato’s and De La Garza’s. I could get information out of them.

Demi and I would spend time together but all she would talk about is working with the damn Jonas Brothers. IT DROVE ME INSANSE. I started getting mad. I got mad in front of her. One night I was so sick of how she was talking about that song ‘Tonight’ by you guys that I struck her in the face. I didn’t mean to but it shut her up. Soon enough it became a frequent thing. It became normal.

I was 3 years older with older friends, too. The ones I made stalk you and your brothers every time you play here. She was too scared to tell anyone.”

Nick felt anger burn inside of him but he was too tired, exhausted and hurt to express it.

“Why did you have your friends stalk us?” Nick said, still trying to fathom the fact he laid a finger on Demi.

“We’re a band, too. We kept trying to get signed, we kept playing gigs but we’re a 3 man band too. One of the guys is just a bandwagoner, he does whatever I say. We’d get compared to you every single time. We weren’t as good or as close net as you guys.” Sean raised his voice slightly at the end but after a deep breathe he belted. “YOU RUINED EVERYTHING”

Sean rose in anger and kicked his chair away. He walked closer to Nick with his vain in his neck popping and his face turning red.

“If you little shits didn’t exist, then my life would be easier.” Sean breathed onto Nick’s face. Sean knocked the back leg of Nick’s chair, causing it to fall to the ground. Nick hit his head on the floor but he didn’t lose consciousness. Sean breathed the exact same words onto Nick’s face again as he lent over Nick’s small, 17 year old, terrified frame. Sean took the bandana out of Nick’s hair and twisted it before putting it in Nick’s mouth and tying it up. One devil laugh later and Sean had jabbed his knife into Nick’s leg. Due to the bandana in his mouth, Nick couldn’t let out a large scream, but he sure as hell felt the pain.

Back at the hotel Demi along with Joe, Kevin and about 10 other police offers crowded in her room. Demi sat cuddled with Joe and Kevin sat on the couch opposite them. Demi had told everything about Sean and everything about why he’s doing this to the police.

“Sounds like they’re getting the F.B.I involved.” Joe sniffled from all the crying. Demi nodded.

“Mom’s on her way to the state. Frankie’s coming, too.” Kevin read out from a text his Dad sent him.

“Where is Dad?” Joe asked Kevin. 3 police offers were listening into the conversation but Demi, Joe and Kevin ignored it.

“He’s getting questioned in his hotel room.” Kevin replied as he saw the door open and Danielle walk in.

“What’s going on?” Danielle asked in worry as she took in the site.

“It’s Nick.” Kevin let scramble from his mouth. “He’s been taken.” Dani embraced Kevin into a hug after walking back over to the couch.

“Excuse me?” Joe asked the officer in charge.

“Yes, Sir?” The officer asked.

“There won’t be a big deal made in the media will there? I mean we don’t want this being over headlines. Is there a way to keep it low key?” Joe said increasingly fast. He knows Nick hated being in the spotlight most of the time, he knows the best thing is to keep it low key.

“Your father has made a comment about the deal being made. We’ve agreed to keep it low key. Now would you excuse me” The officer politely replied as he got deep into a conversation with another officer.

“We’re gonna need formal statements from all of you. We’ll put security outside of each of your doors tonight and we’ll go down to the station tomorrow. How does that sound?” A cheery officer, clearly trying to force smiled onto people’s faces, said. They all nodded and the police officers shuffled out of Demi’s room. The two officers assigned to Demi’s room stayed and guarded the room.  Kevin and Dani went to their shared room and tried to nestle down for the night.

“Joe?” Demi called as Joe opened the door to see two police officer’s backs.

“Yeah?” Joe said and the two men turned to witness the conversation.

“Will you stay here tonight?” Demi asked quietly and Joe frowned. He frowned at how scared Demi looked and he frowned at how he should have offered to stay the night. Joe turned to the officers and they nodded.

“Of course” Joe said and he curled up into Demi’s bed with her and they slept embraced in each other’s warmth.