Chapter 1

Dan's POV

As I cautiously walk down the silent slippery paths of the road that leads to my new school, I decide to listen to some music to cover the deadly silence that has invaded my surroundings, As I scroll through my IPod I suddenly come to a halt hovering my finger over one of my favourite tracks, I decide to play probably my favourite piece of music at the moment, FOOLS by Troye Sivan.

"I am tired of this place I hope people change

I need time to replace what I gave away

And my hopes they are high I must keep the small

Though I try to resist I still want it all

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes

I see a little house on the hill and children's names

I see quiet nights poured over rice and Tanqueray

But everything is shattering and it's my mistake

Only Fools fall for you, only fools

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall."

Then suddenly I was lost in the whirlwind what are my own thoughts; would I finally fit into a school, would I be able to find a friend or would I once again be isolated from everyone else, would they find out about my condition, how would they react if they found out, will they like me....

You're a freak.

                                     You're Worthless.

                                                      You'll never have any friends.

Who would want to be your friend?

                                                                                     Kill yourself.

                                                                                                   Die

Death is so much easier...

And suddenly I felt a rush of adrenaline... I started running as if my life depended on it I'm not even sure why I was running maybe I was running from my own thoughts. I could hear my heart pounding loudly against my chest and as I ran more and more the pounding got weaker and weaker until I finally reached my destination... the new school, suddenly my anger was replaced with nerves as I approached the gigantic green gates.

The campus was enormous, most of which was covered by bright green, healthy looking vegetation, except from a circular pathway just in front of the main entrance. Leading up to the main Door was a tiny set of stairs which were a horrific dark blue color; it was clearly a failed attempt at making the school look more colorful, sadly it just adds to the stupidity of the school. The building itself was covered in purple-ish colored bricks with extremely large white framed rusty windows, which strangely seemed to go quite nicely with the extremely well kept grass. In front of the school stood two enormous trees which probably gave a nice shade to sit in during the summer, but right now they were completely naked. The school was called Churchill High School. Looking around I could tell this school was overcrowded, with a minimum of I'd say 1500 students, but I'm sure there were a lot more...