Confession

You're sitting on your porch with your best friend, Demi...

"Do you ever wonder what would've happened if we didn't meet?" she asks, looking up at the sky.
"Yeah, actually," you reply, looking at her. She glances at you, her brown eyes sparkling in the light.
"Yeah?"
"I probably wouldn't be alive," you say softly. She looks into your eyes, and your stomach erupts in butterflies. She's so beautiful.
"Me neither, honestly," she replies, reaching for your hand. You lace your fingers through hers, and she smiles.
"Demi—" you start, but she cuts you off.
"I have a confession." She bites her lip nervously. Your heart begins to beat faster, and you look at her hopefully. "We've been best friends for years now, and I..." she trails off, and you squeeze her hand reassuringly.
"Yeah?"
"I love you."
You break into a smile and say, "I love you, too."
"I don't mean as a friend—"
"I know." You look into her eyes, and she smiles. She closes the gap between you and presses her lips to yours. Her lips are warm, and you put your hand on her face, brushing her hair back. After a moment, you pull apart, your breathing slightly elevated.
She presses her forehead to yours before whispering, "I've wanted to do that for so long."
"Me, too," you reply. She kisses you gently again, your lips moving in sync.
"I love you so much, y/n," she murmurs against your lips.
"I love you so much, too, Demi."