Chapter Two:

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath. I was wearing a long elegant black dress. It was high cut, hugging my neck in a collar, then dipping and wrapping around my back. It clung to my body tightly, showing off my slim, tonned figure and curves. There was a slit up the side, going up to my thigh. It was beautiful. I wore a simple pair of black strappy heels with it and I had pulled my hair into a loose glamorous bun. Small diamond droplet earings were shinning in my ears and I had a sheer pullover on my shoulders. I had arrived in plenty of time. I booked a hotel room at the same place Aunt Vivian was staying and had a shower, getting myself ready. I had driven all night, only stopping to fill up on petrol and get coffee to stay awake. I stepped closer to the mirror and looked at my makeup. It was simple, with a simple eye and a plum coloured lip. My eyes shone and I sighed, looking down into the sink. A loud knock on the door made me jump and I quickly answered it.

'You made it.' Aunt Vivian's voice was monotone.

'Aunt Viv, I am so sorry.' I wrapped my arms around her, willing to bury the hatchet. She didn't seem so willing. She stiffened and stepped back, away from me. I looked down.

'Come girl.' She almost spat.

I grabbed my clutch purse and followed her down until we got in a cab and rode in silence to the woods, it was dusk now, on the verge of nightfall. We both walked further in and I could see the coffin and lines of chairs set up. We stood near the chairs, greeting the people that had come. I kept my head down the entire time, my hands clasped in front of me. I could smell that all the people who attended were wolves. Not one human. Except me, partially anyway. I felt someone staring at me so I looked up and my eyes immediatly found a man. He was standing a few meters from me, his eyes bored into me and there was shock clear on his face. The feeling hit me like a tonne of bricks. This man was my mate. The man that the moon Goddess had choosen for me. I wasn't even sure it was possible for me, given I was only half wolf. But clearly the Goddess had deemed me worthy. We were both frozen, staring at each other. Each of us coming to terms of what was happening. I didn't even know this man. He was extremely tall and broad. His shoulders were broad and his arms were huge, even with his black dress shirt and black overcoat I could see that. His hair was brown and in a natural messy faux hawk, his eyes were the same golden colour as mine, with hints of green mixed in them, toning them down a bit. He had strong features, with a strong jawline and stubble covering his face. He was so good looking, my heart squeezed. I saw him swallow and he slowly walked over, a group of people with him. They were all staring at me in wonder and some had looks of skeptisism. The man stepped in front of Aunt Vivian and he held her gaze.

'As Alpha of the Nightstalker pack, I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. Gavin was a good man.' His voice was deep and husky and sexy as hell. He bowed his head to Aunt Vivian and all the others followed suit, bowing their heads.

'Thankyou Alpha. It means alot that you made the trip out here. Gavin would of appreciated it greatly.' Aunt Vivian was even a little shaky after seeing how attractive he was.

The Alpha nodded then snuck a look at me, our gaze connected and I saw his arm twitch. He nodded his respect at me, then headed in to sit down, the others following him in to sit down. I stared after him and I tried to wrap my head around what had happened. The only thing I learned was that he was the sexiest man I had ever seen and he was an Alpha. An Alpha! For me! Panic washed over me. I wasn't even a full werewolf. I could only change for a few hours on the full moon! That's it. I shook the thought away. This was about my father. I followed Aunt Vivian to the front of the chairs. I could feel the Alpha's gaze on me but I didn't dare look back. I sat beside Aunt Vivian and knotted my hands in my lap. There were only about twenty people there, including me and Aunt Viv.