Chapter Twenty Seven:

Angel's P.O.V

Last night I had watched the Notebook and cried the whole time. Half was about the movie, the other half was because I was thinking about Tara's baby. I fell asleep before the movie finished but I was in bed this morning, so Luke had clearly carried me to bed. I had gotten up and gone straight for a run and a workout in the gym, then had a shower. I was sitting at the table now, eating my lunch. I sighed and finished off the chicken wrap Ally had made me and then Luke walked through the house and he sat beside me. He seemed uneasy, like he was worried, frightened.

'Whats up?' I frowned at him.

'Tara's with Luca in the hospital. We are going to find out who the father is. Please come.' His voice was low and scared.

'Trust me. You don't want me in that room with her if it turns out you are the father.' I muttered, looking away.

'Angel please. I need you there.' He begged.

I glared at him, fear building inside me.

'Fine.' My voice was sad and I got to my feet, wiping my hands on my jeans.

'Thank you.' He jumped up and hugged me tightly. I could tell he needed me. I hugged him back, despite my fear and anger. He laced his fingers through mine and looked at me.

'I love you. No matter what. Never forget that.' He mumbled, staring deep into my eyes.

'I love you too.' I forced a small smile but we both knew it was put on. He sighed and kissed the top of my head, then he led me outside and we walked over to the small hospital building. Before he opened the door, he took a deep shaky breath and he squeezed my hand tightly. Luke flipped the doors open and we walked in together, then into another door where Tara was lying on the bed. She was wearing yoga pants and a tank top, her belly bulging out. She looked up and grinned at Luke, then it faltered when she saw me.

'What are you doing here?' She asked icily.

'Tara shut up.' Luke muttered and leaned against the wall, still holding my hand.

'What do you think of Mathew?' Tara asked. 'I'm trying to think of names for our baby boy.' She rubbed her belly.

'It's not mine.' Luke growled.

'Whatever you say babe. But you will know the truth soon enough.' Tara shrugged.

He didn't reply.

'So, Luna, how do you feel about being a stepmum?' Tara smiled a bitchy smile at me.

I completely ignored her.

'I have the results.' A man walked in with some papers.

The room was silent, we all stared at the man expectantly.

'Tara your baby is perfectly healthy and developing well. We took the tests and have determined that King Alpha Luke, is in fact the father.' The man looked at Luke.

'I knew it! Oh, I'm so happy!' Tara cooed, tracing the patterns on her belly.

I was silent and I don't even think Luke was breathing.

'I'll leave you guys to it.' I muttered after a second. I slipped out of Luke's hand and left the room. I walked outside and took in a huge gulp of air. Tears stung in my eyes and I ran to the house as fast as I could.

****

Luke's P.O.V